I have been flirting with a guy at work for a few months now, and things have gradually been getting more intense. Well last week we had to attend a function after work and a few glasses of wine later... you guessed it, we end up making out on the boss' desk. It was unbelievably sexy, and I still grin just thinking about it. He dropped me off at my house afterwards and we had a frank conversation about things, with both of us agreeing that we didn't want to get into a committed relationship. He kind of left me with the option of how to progress from here, saying he wants to do whatever I feel comfortable with, from friends to F-buddies. The problem is, I don't KNOW what I feel comfortable with!

Is it possible to have a casual relationship with someone at work and things not end in tears, or worse? I just don't want to get emotionally involved. On the other hand, I cannot leave this sexy boy alone!

YOU ASK: "Is it possible to have a casual relationship with someone at work and things not end in tears, or worse?"

Anything is possible if the individuals involved are very mature and are able to keep their emotions in check. If you are the kind of person who can crash head-on into a bucket of emotion, I would say this is something you don't want to do.

Very often, emotions can develop very unpredictably no matter how hard we try to control them.

Thanks for your advice Tony, I think you're right. I'm going to have to moniter myself and if I think I'm getting in too deep I'll pull out. As for now, it's fun having someone to muck around with at work.

I assume she is older than 21 and therefore an adult. She can kiss whoever she wants wherever she wants!

I am not for work place relationships, unless it is all left at home and nothing shows at work.

I’ve been involved in three workplace ”casual” relationships and they all become overly dramatic and ultimately painful despite my going into these situations without the intention of getting “serious” or complex. Each time, I kept kidding myself into believing the last time was an emotional anomaly. It wasn’t… If you want to enter a casual relationship, I would recommend finding someone that catches my eye outside of work, which is inherently not a place for a casual anything.