Asking a co-worker for a date

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I hope to share and ask for advice about certain topics. I have a question: I work in an establisment that serves food and drinks. There is a cocktail waitresses who seems to show interest in me. I would like to ask her out, but I want to be careful not to do it when she's busy serving customers. Should I wait until she's on a break? The answer is probably obvious, but I just want to be sure. Thanks.

If you HAVE to ask her out, of course you should do it while she's on a break, or when she's leaving work or something.

But honestly, don't you think it would be pretty awkward for both of you, having to work together with the same people if she says no?

I personally tend to be resentful of guys who put me in that situation, so bear in mind where I'm coming from with that question.

• Author

I agree with your point, New Again. It can be a tricky situation. when I was at work last night, the same waitress got talking with me, and she asked me a bunch of questions about me that are best reserved for a coffee date instead of at the job, and I felt pretty awkward. I gently told her that I enjoy talking with her, but I would rather we get together somewhere to talk so that we can be more focused. She seemed to agree, but I won't see her again for another week. I wanted to ask her for her phone number, but I felt that it would have been too awkward for her. I just figure that if she's interested in me enough, she'll give me her number. Women have given me their phone number before without me asking.

Edited by Glenguy