I started working for a new company, (which I have a past working relationship with) about a month ago.

The company was recently nominated for several awards, (and chosen to recieve one). Tonight is the awards gala. Each nominated company and winner of each category had to create a presentation which will be shown at the gala. I spent hours creating a presentation that my boss *and myself* was quite pleased with.

I continue sitting at my desk working as the rest of my co-workers just finished getting ready and heading out to watch my presentation. They didn't even let me know the date.

Through my previous employer, I was the designer/project coordinator for many of the projects which were nominated for awards (although minimally involved in the one which won the award). All nominated projects will be featured as well, whch I think I deserve credit for.

Had they known I wasn't going to be invited, why would they have me make the presentation? Does this seem like a slap in the face to anyone else? I really hope this doesn't set a presidence as to how I am to be treated throughout my employment, as I enjoy my job otherwise. Should I make issue with it, or just let it slide?

Wow that's totally not fair :( If that happened to me i would be outraged as well! Perhaps it was a miss communication? Maybe everyone assumed you were invited so no one gave you a proper invitation nor ask if you were going. I would hope thats the case.