Job searching! Still...

My other thread got too long, so I'm going to start another one. It's a new situation anyway.

Went on another interview on Friday and she said she would "get back to me within a few days" (I HATE that phrase). Okay, so I'm waiting for that job.

A few weeks ago I interviewed for the same position at a different company. I posted about it in my other thread (I nailed it baby!) that the interview went well and when I called to check on the status she said she was checking my references and would get back to me shortly. Uh huh, well that was like 2 weeks ago. :( Im guessing I didn't get it.

NOW, this morning I saw the SAME job posting for the same company on careerbuilder. I'm wondering if I should call and see if they are still considering me. Did they already discard me and are just trying to find others? I'm so confused...:(

My other thread got too long, so I'm going to start another one. It's a new situation anyway.

Went on another interview on Friday and she said she would "get back to me within a few days" (I HATE that phrase). Okay, so I'm waiting for that job.

A few weeks ago I interviewed for the same position at a different company. I posted about it in my other thread (I nailed it baby!) that the interview went well and when I called to check on the status she said she was checking my references and would get back to me shortly. Uh huh, well that was like 2 weeks ago. :( Im guessing I didn't get it.

NOW, this morning I saw the SAME job posting for the same company on careerbuilder. I'm wondering if I should call and see if they are still considering me. Did they already discard me and are just trying to find others? I'm so confused...:(

The SAME posting you saw, is that a NEW posting with the company from 2 weeks ago? If so, then yes, you're probably not one of their candidates. If it's been a while since they posted it (or you don't know when they posted it), then you may still be one of their options.

As for the recent interview, did you send a thank you note? Do so. Then, about a week later, follow up with a phone call.

• Author
The SAME posting you saw, is that a NEW posting with the company from 2 weeks ago? If so, then yes, you're probably not one of their candidates. If it's been a while since they posted it (or you don't know when they posted it), then you may still be one of their options.

As for the recent interview, did you send a thank you note? Do so. Then, about a week later, follow up with a phone call.

Well, it looks like they took the posting down from a few weeks ago (along with a few others I can see) and put new ones up for the exact same position today.

I sent a thank you email to her. I will still have to go in for a second interview even if I get a callback. I feel like I'm going to go crazy with this, I hate that nobody will hire me!!!

Hey LaurieBell, someone will hire you. It took me 6 months to find a job. And it took Cora just over a year. Never give up! Because we haven't given up on you. Even if i don't post on your threads often, I always check to see how you're doing with the whole job hunting situation.

• Author
Hey LaurieBell, someone will hire you. It took me 6 months to find a job. And it took Cora just over a year. Never give up! Because we haven't given up on you. Even if i don't post on your threads often, I always check to see how you're doing with the whole job hunting situation.

Thanks! I actually called one of my professors from my grad program and he said to list him as a reference and he will help me. He said I need some really good references since I can't count on my old job for one. I just feel like I should have been able to find a job already after all the interviews I have been on.

• Author
How many interviews have you been to, so far?

Um, I think this past interview on Friday was my 6th.

LB,

the economy is really bad right now so it will take a while.

I just wanted to add. I think an actual mailed thank you card comes across way better then an email thank you.

Well try to look at it like dating - the more you get, the more chances of getting that lucky strike! Plus it's good practise and eventually you won't even get nervous about it.

• Author
LB,

the economy is really bad right now so it will take a while.

I just wanted to add. I think an actual mailed thank you card comes across way better then an email thank you.

Yeah, I just feel like I should have been able to find something since people are hiring in my field.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the mailed thank you card next time.

Yeah, I just feel like I should have been able to find something since people are hiring in my field.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the mailed thank you card next time.

I know it's very easy to get down and feel frustrated about this, but try to keep a positive attitude.

Even though there are new jobs available in your field...they is SO much competition right now.

This fall I was talking to a friend who works in HR for a school district. They were hiring a school psychologist for this year and she told me that for this position they normally have 3 or 4 applicants - this year they had 106.

• Author
I know it's very easy to get down and feel frustrated about this, but try to keep a positive attitude.

Even though there are new jobs available in your field...they is SO much competition right now.

This fall I was talking to a friend who works in HR for a school district. They were hiring a school psychologist for this year and she told me that for this position they normally have 3 or 4 applicants - this year they had 106.

Wow. I think that could be what's happening. But this job I already interviewed for posted the position AGAIN so obviously they didn't want me. :(

TwinkletOes26

LB its ok just keep telling yourself "its not me its the economy" even retail jobs are hard to get people are swooping those up quick. It will get better...soon well have so much work to do we will hardly have time to post on here anymore:D

There's a lot of factors as to why these kinds of things happen. Don't take it personal, as companies are using this time frame of the economy to try and get the best talent for as little money as possible. I think in this instance, the company may be seeing that a lot of people are interested, so maybe within HR they are posting the position over and over again, to see how low they can actually go. The only thing you can do is go in with enthusiasm, be professional, and sell yourself as a value to the company. Be sure to personally write thank you notes, and mail them. (It show you are an extra mile kind of person). Follow up once a week until they actually say that they hired someone. When/if, be sincere and thank them for the opportunity for consideration. Rinse, repeat until you find a job. It's hard, I know, as I've been trying to find a job back in San Antonio for a while, but in the meantime, I'm still stuck here in Raleigh.

• Author

lol, I got hired at Areopostale!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I start later this week! I am still going to look for a full time job in my field in the meantime and I can still collect partial unemployment because it is part time. At least it will give me something to do and I won't be bored, lonely, and miserable!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwinkletOes26

Good for you lb :)...imma try at my shopping center as well. I hear charlotte russe is hiring. At least this means discount on clothes :)...and they sell cute interview suits too who knew lol:confused:.

Anywho congrats lady :)

• Author

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately I didn't get that other job I interviewed for. The lady said they hired someone with more experience. :(

Icame across this thread while waiting for a meeting about the future of the company I work for...let's say it does not look good.I have a BA and a lot of managment experience but I'm scared to see that even those with graduate degrees are having issues.

Glad you found something.it takes the pressure off.Best time to find a job is while you have one.I saw that the word "funemployment" was added to the dictionary. I'll make sure and mention that to my mortgage company.

Lots of luck to you.

Congrats :)

I recently had to take a job completely unrelated to my degrees/experience and it sucks, but not nearly as much as any alternatives.