Awkward situation at work

So I work part time in a kitchen afew days aweek at a residential nursing home basically washing up, preparing food ect ect ect and at college the rest, anywayyyyy..

I told the chef I was working with that I thought one of the carers who worked there was really pretty and she responded "Well why don't you try it with her?" So I jokingly replied "Nah she's way out of my league" never guess what the next day the chef went and told the career exactly what I had said but made me sound like an idiot and now I look like an idiot, it feels so awkward and embarassing when I see the carer, I've never really spoken to her apart from hi's, bye's and how're you's. Suckksssssss

well do you like her in the first place?

people don't like being judged but if all you are so far is hi and bye than it'll pass. if you're mates already than that's another story and one of you will pull the other one for a 'let's talk' moment anyway.

if it's the first and it'll pass but you do like her then eventually give it time to settle and just talk to her. About anything. start a friendship from there. then see what happens.

If not then I wouldn't worry abt it, it just sounds like common gossip

• 3 weeks later...

How do you know the pretty carer thinks your an idiot? Maybe she thought it was funny and is waiting for you to say more than hi and bye.

And whats with the chef! Why does she think its her job to share your private conversation?? I would confront her about that... what a douche!