I Need A Hustle

I am the only one in my family that has a structured job where I'm working for someone. I work as a front desk agent at a hotel. My mom has a cleaning business, my dad is probably making money selling drugs (lol), my brother is a music producer, my uncles are in real estate.... none of those things interest me, but I would like to find something that I could do where I could be my own boss...or at least make my own schedule.

I love the job I have so I'm really just looking for something extra on the side. Any hustlers out there got any ideas? What's your 'hustle' if you have one? Are only certain people cut out for hustling? How'd you find out what you wanted to do??

Some of the things I like are photography, looking good (I'm interested in modeling), writing (journal type stuff), being nosey........

What do you think?

I have no idea if you're serious...but if you are:

1. Writing: blogging, ghostwriting, internet marketing. Especially for ghostwriting, it's pretty easy to solicit work on the internet.

2. Modeling: build a portfolio. Create a website. Join a modeling/photography networking website(s). Google it, or PM me if you want some ideas. On a side note, modeling isn't really about "looking good." It's more about knowing your poses, expressions, how to move, and knowing your angles and lighting.

3. Photography: See above. Once you've built a portfolio (and it's helpful to learn PhotoShop or have someone who knows it who you can pay for editing) you can start selling stock photos, charging models for your services, shoot events (weddings, Sweet 16s, etc.)...even a second shooter at a wedding makes a few hundred per event, and obviously that's a weekend kind of gig. What you can charge really depends on your location.

If you have any sort of ambition whatsoever I'm sure you can "hustle" as you so charmingly put it.

Also, it's all about networking.

• Author

Huh? :confused: Why do I not sound serious? Because I used the word 'hustle'? In my culture (I'm black) that's how we describe it. Anyway, thanks for the response! :laugh:

• Author

I dont think I can PM, but I'm interested in finding out more about the modeling networking sites. If you have yahoo messenger IM me: loneinnocence.

Huh? :confused: Why do I not sound serious? Because I used the word 'hustle'? In my culture (I'm black) that's how we describe it. Anyway, thanks for the response! :laugh:

:laugh:;) My bf says that too actually.

I actually don't have yahoo messenger. I'd rather not post everything I have to say about those websites here, but just in general, to get you started, check out OPM (google one model place), and MM (modelmayhem). Most models who use sites like that I believe have profiles on both sites; I'm not sure if they tend to get more paid work from one versus the other though.

I personally have a profile on MM and think it's a great site for networking. If you are just starting to build a portfolio you'll most likely either be paying photographers (unless you have a photographer friend or something), or working TFP* (trade basically) to build a portfolio and get experience.