Is this how things work these days?

I'm just a little pissed off right now because I just got back home from the medical clinic, getting my results from my tb test for the job I interviewed for. The medical clinic is close by the hospital where the job is located. I live an hour away from both and I swear I just got back home when my phone rings. It was the lady from the staffing agency wanting me back down there in two hours for an in person interview with the manager. Why such short notice? Is at least a day in advance too much to ask for? I'm pretty flexible and I really need a job, but come on....I just drove an hour down there fighting all that traffic and an hour back only to get home to get a call telling me to go back down there? She knows I live an hour away. I have no problem driving that distance to work daily if I get the job, but all of this back and forth crap is crazy.

I'm waiting on her now to call me back to see if she can get an interview scheduled for tomorrow sometime. I am just frustrated because everytime this lady from the staffing agency finds a job for me it's last minute notice to do this and that and go here and there. I don't know, maybe I'm being unreasonable here? I have told her before if she could just give me some notice since I don't live in the city. I don't know....I have been doing a lot of running around for this job which I don't even have yet. The lady got kind of pissy with me because I told her I couldn't make it, but I have been pretty flexible with her thus far. I know she is only trying to help me get a job which I'm very thankful for, but all I want is a little bit of notice...not two hours before the interview. There was only suppose to be one interview to begin with, but the manager got sick so they conducted telephone interviews instead. Now manager is all better and wants to meet with me. Should I be even more flexible here?

2hrs. notice?!? Wow, they must be really desperate.

This has never happened to me. The shortest interview notice, have been 1 day and sometimes it doesn't suit me (mainly 'cause it clashed with another interview) and i'll negotiate for a better time with the agencies.

Be more flexible. Drive for the interview. You are showing them that you aren't a "team player" and willing to work with other people to make the company be more productive.

TwinkletOes26

I dont think you arent being flexible at all. I think two hours is a little short notice especially if you dont live in the city. I know if someone called me and told me i had an interview in two hours id be a wreck. Id need to wash my interview clothes at least the pants because they double duty as my church pants lol.

Tell them you need more notice I know that sometimes they get job openings on short notice but telling someone they had an interview in two hours is extemely short. A day before yes two hours ummm wow no.

Disclaimer : my opinon no one is forced to agree :):bunny::)

• Author

Well, it's not only the fact that I only had two hours notice, but also that I had just gotten home from getting my test results in that same general area. If the lady from the staffing agency could have let me know sooner that I may have an interview that same day I would have gladly stayed in the area until interview time. I was only suppose to be getting my test results today because the last I heard, the lady from the staffing agency told me she had been unsuccessful in scheduling my interview with the manager. So here I was in jeans. I would never attend an interview in jeans. I had two hours to change into something more professional, prepare and drive the hour back down there. All I'm saying is if the lady sent me down there that morning and knew that I may have my second interview as well that same day, then why not let me know that before I drove all the way there? Maybe she didn't know....fair enough. I dunno, I guess I'm just going to have to start dressing professional everywhere I go now just in case I get that call. ugh I'm not usually a complainer, but I have never had such short notice like this. It would be okay if it were a one time thing, but with this agency it's been a repeated incident. I'm just upset because it's making me look bad to the employer because the agency can't give me notice in advance. I will go to great lengths to get a job, but I just can't drop everything and jump when they say jump every single time. The interview has however been rescheduled for tomorrow which I am attending. I'm a bit nervouse, but trying to think positively. I hope this incident did not hurt my chances. I'm wondering if I should even tell them the reason why I could not make it today? Or should I just not say anything?

First of all Cora : good luck.

Second : the agency staff who called you probably had no way of guessing where you were and what you were doing. If you say you are flexible - actions speak louder than words - they are either testing you or are really desperate.

So what if you were only in jeans ? explain the situation and say you just came over immediately. Use their desperation in you salary negotiations...

;)