It was kinda last minute notice...but just found out I have a telephone interview in about an hour. Never had one before over the phone, but I'm sure it's probably the same or very similar at least to in person ones right? I dunno....any pointers? Advice? Thanks!

laRubiaBonita

get some notes... or jot down some points that you do not want to forget.

write some questions you may want to ask

take notes too and make a note of the things you might have questions about

oh, and i have some water near by in case.. and make sure the phone is charged and you are in a quiet spot.

Good Luck!!;)

Ditto. i normally prepared all my notes & questions and then commit them to memory before hand, so i don't hesitate. Anyway, i got nothing to add.

Stay cool Cora. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Sweetcheripie

Also SMILE - even though you are on the phone if you smile while talking it comes through on your voice.

Sounds weird but it really is true. :D

Good luck!!! You will do great!

• Author

Thanks guys! Got my notes and my water close by...phone is all ready to go! :)

• Author

Thank goodness it's finally over! I don't do well with talking on the phone so I was a little nervous. Overall I think it went well though. So we will see... He said he would let me know if they decide they want me to follow up with an in person interview with the manager. Hopefully my nerves didn't show too much! In the meantime I'm gonna keep practicing my interviewing skills so I can be more comfortable in the future. Thank you all again for the great advice!

laRubiaBonita
Thank goodness it's finally over! I don't do well with talking on the phone so I was a little nervous. Overall I think it went well though. So we will see... He said he would let me know if they decide they want me to follow up with an in person interview with the manager. Hopefully my nerves didn't show too much! In the meantime I'm gonna keep practicing my interviewing skills so I can be more comfortable in the future. Thank you all again for the great advice!

yay!!!!!! :bunny::D

You know, this comment has made me realize a tip I can give those who are going through interviews. I am going to start a new thread so others will be able to see it.

• Author
You know, this comment has made me realize a tip I can give those who are going through interviews. I am going to start a new thread so others will be able to see it.

Thanks! I think that would be very helpful! :)

• Author

Wow, I just got a call and was told that the guy who telephone interviewed me is very interested. They want to set up a date to meet me in person and go ahead and send me to get my tb test and drug test completed and do the background check etc. I really hope I can get this job because it's something I would definitely be interested in. I hope the in person interview will go just as well! Thank you all so much for all the advice and keep your fingers crossed! :)

• Author

Thanks you guys! Now I just gotta get through one more interview with the manager so not getting my hopes up yet. It's just been awhile since I've gotten this close so I'm happy for that at least. :)

yeah, i don't like building my hopes up too early either. In fact i don't even post on LS in case i jinx it somehow. Anyway Cora, i'm sure you'll be fine.

• Author
yeah, i don't like building my hopes up too early either. In fact i don't even post on LS in case i jinx it somehow. Anyway Cora, i'm sure you'll be fine.

Thank you! Yeah, I'm the same way. In fact I'm sitting here thinking what the hell am I doing? I probably already jinxed the thing! grr! :mad: