My very first interview!!!

Hey guys

i have been invited to attend a group interview for the christmas season at Myer as a casual.

This is my very first interview for a job EVER!! (i've always been involved in dance and dance teaching i am only familiar with auditions!)

I have NO idea what they will ask me, or what i should even be asking advice on?!

Please help if you have any pointers!!

thankyou so much! i really need this job!

Jmina

Go dressed as if you were going to work for that company.

Be On Time.

Take notes and listen to the other interviewees and how they answer their questions..

Although you need to be original in your answers by listening you can maybe reform a thought or realize how not to say something.

Be ready to talk about yourself, you will have to introduce yourself and tell them a little about yourself.

In the group interviews we have done we have always had about 5 people who work here each ask a question to the first person and then it goes round robin to each of the other interviewees.

The questions we have asked all have the range from talking about how they have defused a disgruntled customer to asking them about their accomplishments that they feel they have achieved.

and most of all have fun with it.. the best interviews are the ones where the person is totally engaged in the process and doesn't just sit there like a bump on a log.

The last thing is to send a follow-up email to the contact person after the interview.

Good Luck

• Author

The Interview was great!

I was probably the most confident, immaculately dressed ,interactive, interested person there!!

(it was a group interview)

they had interview thousands apparently so i don't know if i'm a shoe in buuuuut it was fun and a good first interview experience!!

=D

should i still follow it up with an email since it was a group interview?

xox