LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

I nailed it baby!!!!!!

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 8th September 2009, 9:20 PM   #16
Established Member

Follow up with him ASAP! Send an email or even a card thanking him for his time, reiterate why you would be good for the job and express your interest. Good luck!
Old 8th September 2009, 11:02 PM   #17

I would be worried about them calling your past employer. They might have told you they would tell future inquiries that you were laid off, but there are ways over the phone that are code for "she sucks, we fired her".

Last edited by Pink Cupcakes; 9th September 2009 at 1:48 AM..
Pink Cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 9:17 AM   #18
Established Member

Sounds positive - good luck! Keep us updated...
Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 3:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriebell82 View Post
Yeah, my bosses are A-HOLES so I was kind of forced to resign. It was mutual I guess.

I think the whole thing was total B.S. and they just hated me for something I did by accident about 6 months ago. They have done everything they can to get me out of there (to quit). They finally succeeded.

Maybe it's a blessing though, I can find a better job where they are nicer and more professional.
??? This concerns me, LB. In your other thread, you said that you were laid off because of budget cuts and filed for unemployment. Now you're saying that you were forced to resign/quit of your own volition.

This is relevant to your current job search for one very important reason: You really need to get your story straight and concrete as to why you're not currently employed. Trust me on this one.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 3:43 PM   #20

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
This is relevant to your current job search for one very important reason: You really need to get your story straight and concrete as to why you're not currently employed. Trust me on this one.
I concur on this one.

When they call the old employer, they'll still ask the dreaded question, why and will you hire this person back again.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 4:37 PM   #21
Established Member

What did you do so bad 6 months ago that made them make your life hell?

R.I.P Beautiful Lyssa ....
Lishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 9:14 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
??? This concerns me, LB. In your other thread, you said that you were laid off because of budget cuts and filed for unemployment. Now you're saying that you were forced to resign/quit of your own volition.

I got laid off but it was also because of other stuff which is why they chose me. And I agreed to just leave so it was mutual.
Lauriebell82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 9:15 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
What did you do so bad 6 months ago that made them make your life hell?
I made a mistake by accident that they blamed me for so they decided to pick on me for every little thing in an effort to make me quit. They knew they had no grounds to fire me and they used this "lay off" thing as a way to get rid of me because they knew it was their only shot.
Old 9th September 2009, 9:24 PM   #24
Established Member

Will they give you a good reference though LB?
sb129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 9:29 PM   #25

Quote:
I made a mistake by accident that they blamed me for so they decided to pick on me for every little thing in an effort to make me quit. They knew they had no grounds to fire me....
A mistake, in and of itself, is grounds for termination, LB. You know that, right? Did you try to make amends? Will they give you a good reference?

What kind of mistake did you make? Why would several grown adults who are well-trained counselors choose to "pick on you" for every little thing?
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 10:26 PM   #26
Established Member

good luck lb i hope you get the job.
TwinkletOes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 10:48 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
A mistake, in and of itself, is grounds for termination, LB. You know that, right? Did you try to make amends? Will they give you a good reference?

What kind of mistake did you make? Why would several grown adults who are well-trained counselors choose to "pick on you" for every little thing?
I don't feel like getting into the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb129 View Post
I don't know, hopefully!!!

Last edited by Lauriebell82; 9th September 2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 10th September 2009, 12:06 AM   #28

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb129 View Post
Quote:
I don't know, hopefully!!!
Hopefully the references will be ok versus negative. They can't slander but remember it is "their opinion" and the conversation is private between them.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:17 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Did you try to make amends?
this is a very pertinent point which hasn't been addressed. did you? amend means to change and involves action - words are meaningless without action.

this holds true especially in the world of recovery and even more so if it's your job. if you aren't living what you're teaching and expecting of others - there's no point in having that position/job.

also what reason did you give to the guy interviewing as to why you left the last job?
2sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 2:49 AM   #30
Established Member

Again good luck lb ...im sure youll get the job and do great
TwinkletOes26 is offline   Reply With Quote