overqualified?

TwinkletOes26

My temp job ended a week ago and i have been back to fully looking for work. I found out the burger king was hiring and i put in an application i was told by the manager when she looked over it that i was "over qualified for the position". I thought well maybe id try at hardees bc they were looking for a cook i was once again told i was "over qualified" now i dont have a ton of work experience,but i do have a degree and a internship under my belt. What does it mean when they tell me im over qualified to work in fast food?:confused:

Citizen Erased

I think they know you won't be satisfied working there for very long and they don't want to be filling the same position in a few months when you find something less fast food related. :p

• Author
TwinkletOes26

anywho i got a deferment on my student loans so i am free to take whatever and not worry about it not being enough to repay my loans for now at least. I just am hoping to get something to pay for masters courses in the fall. Maybe ill try walmart AGAIN lol...they never call back. I thought they were always looking for people bc its such high turnover.