Hello, I would like to seek help here.

I hv just conclude a business deal with someone in Canada. I am from Malaysia. He received my goods but despite numerous emails asking for his payment, but he did not response. The figure involved is only a small figure. All these time we only contact by emails. I was also given his phone number. I need to know if I can trace his actual address & contact number by just his email address. He uses Yahoo. I'm sure when he register with Yahoo, he was asked to fill in his address & contact, too.

Please advise.

Hello, I would like to seek help here.

I hv just conclude a business deal with someone in Canada. I am from Malaysia. He received my goods but despite numerous emails asking for his payment, but he did not response. The figure involved is only a small figure. All these time we only contact by emails. I was also given his phone number. I need to know if I can trace his actual address & contact number by just his email address. He uses Yahoo. I'm sure when he register with Yahoo, he was asked to fill in his address & contact, too.

Please advise.

Oh shoot.. I'm afraid you'll never see any money.. you should have gone through Paypal.. or something like that.

Even if you contact him.. he can say that he did send the money.. then what?

I would just forget about it.. lesson learned.. do NOT trust anyone unless you go through a secure payment company.

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

Depending on what kind of phone plan he has, you can go to Canada411.com and type in the number, and it will give you an address but only if he is also in his local phone book.

• Author

Hi, thanks for yr advice and response to my problem. Just ask, can I report this case to any authorities? Seems like this is a cheating case.

Thanks.

Hello,

Depending on the buyers location he may have committed a crime called theft of services. Are you providing a service or a good?

Check wiki listing for theft of service.

• Author

Hi, thanks for yr response.

I hv provided goods to him. But till now, he is not answering my mails.