As you guys know I'm a student, but this summer I'm taking on two jobs, one of which is a mini entrepreneurial endeavor that I'm pretty excited about. I've started my own wedding videography business, and my first wedding is in two weeks! :) Should be interesting.

I've always kinda had a dream of getting into the business of weddings. The medical field is where I landed. I still dream about the weddings though. I hope wherever you land, it works out for you.

Good luck! =^-^=

I've always kinda had a dream of getting into the business of weddings.

Me too... but more of the event-planning side.

Sounds fun, Shadow! If you network effectively, you could be bringing in some serious business! :bunny:

Do you do photography too? I have to admit, when I think about my wedding (someday), the only superficial wedding thing that seems to matter to me is having gorgeous pictures... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just an update. The wedding was this weekend, and it was awesome!

A few things went wrong that were out of our control. The ceremony was outdoors and it started pouring in the middle of their vows! :confused: We all moved to a tent, and the rain drowned out their voices so our sound sucked for that portion. The couple took it really well, and everyone had a good laugh. Otherwise, it was a great experience. The wedding itself was BY FAR the nicest I've attended, exactly what I'd want if I were getting married.

It was simple, but beautiful and fun. The setting was a gorgeous farm property (the mother of the bride's house) in a mist-covered mountain town. There were 250 guests, but it felt homey because of the location. I'll admit that I even teared up a bit when the couple gave their vows; you could tell they were being completely genuine. I've gone to weddings before where the vows seemed forced and the cracks were already there.