6 months and no job

Hi Powered

Hell- pure hell. I have interviewed, got to second interviews. Made to wait 2/3/4 weeks for FEEDBACK and then told no - there was someone with 3 years more experience then you.

Or the offer is declined.

Or the job is ON HOLD.

I am fed up.

Its the wrong time to get into FED UP MODE as there seems to be more jobs around now...but there is more competition.

How do I get ahead of them? Tips?

Its make or break point because if i dont get a job within the next month i have no home.

I can't offer any help, only support. I'm in the same boat, only I haven't even got to the interview yet. I can't even get a call back. I feel your pain.

Maybe it's time to start that international crime syndicate I've always dreamed of. Or politics, they're the same thing.:)

I dont know of this is good advice or not but it is a fact.

Take the guy with 3 more years of experience than you.

In todays market - people are interviewing for jobs they normally would have considered beneath them. The businesses doing the hiring have become accustomed to the skills and experience these over qualified candidates bring.

Used to be, an over qualified candidate was not seriously considered because it was to be expected they would move along at first opportunity. But now - these same employers see that other opportunities are not waiting in the wings - and so grab up these candidates.

If you are looking at losing your home...dont be afraid at this point of trying for interviews for positions you are over qualified for. The bar has changed - for the moment anyway.

June 4 would be 6 months for me, but fortunatly I have finally landed a position. The sad fact is my pay has been cut in half from low 6 figures and I have gone from senior management to field sales.

You talk about 2nd interviews, I had 3 different companies fly me out at their expense only to tell me they loved me, but cant afford to take me on at the moment.

Crazy world, but I strongly feel these companies missed out on a "buying" opportunity and I am going to give 110% to the 1 company who didnt hesitate to invest in me.

I feel fortunate that my family has its health and I was able to hold the fort financially for six months without an income.

Good luck!