LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

My job is terrible.

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 14th May 2009, 6:04 PM   #91
Established Member

wow those were some huge assumptions you jumped to. I believe we have all agreed that Laurie knows what the bold part referred to - and she chose, as is her right, to not share them.

That would make me believe that the incidents referenced are in fact known to the parties involved and that they do in fact exist. For Laurie's sake I certainly hope they are not documented.

As Laurie has said she feels comfortable that she handled the situation well by discussing it with her supervisor. Not ignoring/pretending it never happened it as you suggested.

Boredperson I will suggest it again - you are clearly very new to your career - I strongly suggest you spend more time listening and honing your skills, and less time being defensive, judgemental and basically mean.

Best of luck to you.
Old 14th May 2009, 7:56 PM   #92

Because you are the one who started minimizing another poster's job. You also discounted her opinion and was rude to her.
Secretaries/clerical workers keep businesses running.
You are a b**ch and a hypocrite, SG, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
Again, salary is not ipso facto correlated to the importance or beneficial impact of one's job. After all, what would you say to the volunteers who build homes for Katrina victims?

Either way, why are you minimizing LB's profession? That's appalling.
Old 14th May 2009, 8:12 PM   #93
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriebell82 View Post
I didn't read all the posts but I can see most of it was fighting. I wasn't trying to cause any drama with this thread, it was just a vent. I liked Kyrtie's post, thank very much. I spoke with my supervisor today and he told me that he can see I'm trying to get it together. He told me he understood how I felt like everything was snow bowling but he was on my side. Tommorrow I have a meeting with my supervisor and the CEO of my company, in which my supervisor said "it will ease my mind." I think that sounds positive hopefully!
You didn't cause any drama LB, it was caused by the other posters. Good luck with your meeting tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
Because you are the one who started minimizing another poster's job. You also discounted her opinion and was rude to her.
Secretaries/clerical workers keep businesses running.
You are a b**ch and a hypocrite, SG, sorry.
Pot, meet kettle.
Old 14th May 2009, 8:14 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibyl Vane View Post
You didn't cause any drama LB, it was caused by the other posters. Good luck with your meeting tomorrow.
Agreed, it wasn't your fault, LB. We can't help who follows us into our respective threads to start fights within them.

I hope SB was right in thinking you know my responses came from a good place. I just want to see you do well, and not shrug off opportunities to improve and thrive where you work and within your career in general.
Old 14th May 2009, 8:16 PM   #95
Established Member

Hey LB, I think it's great you are addressing this head on by taking the initiative to set up meetings and talk to the appropriate people.

It's important to get things clarified!

You confronted this head on and seem to be getting results and answers.
Good for you.
Old 14th May 2009, 8:30 PM   #96

I never discounted anyone's opinion and am not a b**ch....but you are.

QUOTE=Sibyl Vane;2176134]You didn't cause any drama LB, it was caused by the other posters. Good luck with your meeting tomorrow.

Pot, meet kettle.[/QUOTE]
Old 14th May 2009, 8:32 PM   #97
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
I never discounted anyone's opinion and am not a b**ch....but you are.
At least I know how to quote. And way to state the obvious. Have fun being banned again.
Old 14th May 2009, 9:53 PM   #98
Established Member

Quote:
It's quite easy to have a life outside this board. It's also quite easy to not be a moron and know how to use it.
Its also easy not to be so insulting to others. That is against board policy you know.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:51 PM   #99

Quote:
It's quite easy to have a life outside this board. It's also quite easy to not be a moron and know how to use it.
Not using quote correctly one time does not make anyone a moron. It does mean, however, that you don't have a life outside this board and that you are actually the moron.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:35 AM   #100
LoveShack.org Director
LoveShack.org Director

Regrettably, this thread has degenerated into a pissing match. There is no reason civilized, educated people have to give in to petty bickering instead of adopting more admirable traits of ethics and morals. GEEZE!!!

CLOSED!