LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

My job is terrible.

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2009, 8:34 PM   #46
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 View Post
Ahhh love the ignore button.

Any who chin up lb things happen just take everything in as a learning experience. Everyone who is starting out makes mistakes i dont think anyone expects you to be perfect.
Except her supervisors.
Old 13th May 2009, 8:35 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
Except her supervisors.
Precisely, and within the mental health profession it's just a wee bit important.
Old 13th May 2009, 8:36 PM   #48
Established Member

LOL@ the fact that you care enough about me to google my screen name

Anywho i never claimed to be a saint. So yea b4 you even start let me put it out there.

There was an issue with me and another woman who decided to bully me and a few others. These women go onto peoples blogs break into accounts. She even hacked my yahoo account along with her constantly calling me (she got my name off my erep account) so yes i emailed her calling her a cow and telling her to leave me alone. Then the crazed woman says shes going to tell avon on me and say i am harassing her. LOL which is funny bc shes the one who called me and continues to call me cursing me out and then hanging up.

So star gazer and what you thought you would embarass me and get me to cow down NOPE dear i am not ashamed of anything i have done in real life or online so yes try some other method of BULLYING. Anything else you wanna ask me about? How about my family situation oh yea thats already on here...or about me not having my own car oh yea thats on here too.

How about the fact that i like makeup and cosmetics? Oh yea ive mentioned that as well so yes stargazer dear i am an open book i dont care so bring up as much of the past as you would like LOL.
Old 13th May 2009, 8:37 PM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
Except her supervisors.
Well perfection takes time shes still learning it sounds like .
Old 13th May 2009, 8:39 PM   #50

TT, you're just a little... out of hand. I mean, I do nothing more than QUOTE other posters and say I AGREE with them, and YOU go off on me. It's really unnecessary. I sensed a troll, so I Googled ya. Not too hard. And such fascinating results.

I like makeup too. Thankfully I know how to use it appropriately. I also like being employed. Thankfully I know how to get and keep a job.

Now, ENOUGH of this T/J. Within this thread, your focus should be on LB, and LB alone. Not me. Please, move on, okay?
Old 13th May 2009, 8:47 PM   #51
Established Member

I did not go off on you i saw you being mean to lb and i defended her. Im glad you know how to use makeup appropriately and like i said when i pmd you APOLOGIZING that i found some looks that had color and were office appropriate.

No you googled me trying to discredit me and make me look bad LOL....like i care about my E reputation esp since i could care less about my real life one. I say what i feel thats my personality. Im not one to talk stuff behind peoples backs. I say it to their faces. So no i didnt get fired from avon and im not gonna give you my erep page bc thats just creepy.

You got the focus off of lb as soon as you started sniping at me for simply standing up for her. No dear im not a troll trolls attack everyone i only attack when ive been hit first. You are the only person on this board ive had a run in with no one else. Ive even tried to bury the hatchet but you just keep it going. So as long as you snipe me i will snipe back.

Again love that fact that im so interesting to you that you googled me. You should join makeuptalk.com they are the ones that gave me great advice on offcie appropriate makeup that involves color ...like with my yellow undertones orange blends right in to my skin so i can wear orange eyeshadow and it not be all that noticeable.

heres the tut for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaKkW...e=channel_page
Old 13th May 2009, 8:48 PM   #52
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 View Post
Well perfection takes time shes still learning it sounds like .
Most bosses expect perfection from day one. You adapt. It's usually their arse on the line, not their subordinates.

I can understand LB venting her frustration but I'm sure she knows what side her bread is buttered on. She's smart enough to know that making excuses based on her lack of experience will not help her learn and will only serve to make her supervisors think less of her. This seemed to me like a vent, I doubt she'd say to her supervisors anything was bs or whatever.

And please for the love of God stop talking about effing eyeshadow. Star doesn't care about your eyeshadow choice and the rest of us would love to not read about it. For the record I don't wear any. Drop it.

Last edited by Citizen Erased; 13th May 2009 at 8:51 PM..
Old 13th May 2009, 8:51 PM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
Most bosses expect perfection from day one. You adapt. It's usually their arse on the line, not their subordinates.

I can understand LB venting her frustration but I'm sure she knows what side her bread is buttered on. She's smart enough to know that making excuses based on her lack of experience will not help her learn and will only serve to make her supervisors think less of her. This seemed to me like a vent, I doubt she'd say to her supervisors anything was bs or whatever.
I agree ....but if the policies keep changing like she says they do i would def ask for a copy of the policies study them then refer to them if something comes up shell have the policy to back her up.
Old 13th May 2009, 8:56 PM   #54
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriebell82 View Post
I agree with what they are saying just not to the extent that they think it is. In other words, I think they are overreacting. Nobody there is a "junior counselor" I'm the only one. They have already said that they know that and they don't expect me to know everything so I guess that is a good thing. You are right about talking about them behind their back though, I try not to do that. I don't want that coming back to haunt me.
Hey LB- thats good. If you agree with what they are saying thats a good start to making positive changes to yourself at work.

I don't know the details, so I can't say if they were over-reacting or not, and its not important what I think about that really- all that matters is you took it in and learn from it.

Just be careful, keep your head down and work hard- it will pay off in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialbyfire View Post

Sometimes, things that appear insignificant, can have a lot of fallout in the bigger picture.

Perhaps it's time to rethink your position, in that you believe your knowledge and judgement trumps two experienced supervisors' combined knowledge, fresh out of school.
This is so true- but sometimes you need a few knocks to realise that you will continue to learn in your field till the day you retire.

I am a MUCH better dentist than I was fresh out of grad school (which you would hope after 9 years practising!!) the big difference is now I know my limitations, strengths and weaknesses, which probably took at least 2-3 years to work out after qualification.
I learned one of my most valuable lessons just a couple of years ago- and it stemmed from a more casual attitude towards clinical notekeeping. Man did that one bite me on the butt. My clinical notes now are textbook perfect!

Quote:
Yes, and some jobs, esp those in the medical or mental health fields, don't leave much margin for error.

Quote:
I agree.

I like LBs posts. I feel quite big-sisterly towards her, and that kind of relationship certainly has its ups and downs!
Old 13th May 2009, 8:59 PM   #55
Established Member

Policies shouldn't be changed without all the staff being notified prior to the change.
Old 13th May 2009, 9:09 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb129 View Post
I like LBs posts. I feel quite big-sisterly towards her, and that kind of relationship certainly has its ups and downs!
Believe it or not, I feel the same way. That's why I get so frustrated sometimes.

Quote:
Policies shouldn't be changed without all the staff being notified prior to the change.
Agreed, and I doubt they were changed without notice.
Old 13th May 2009, 9:16 PM   #57
Established Member

I know you do- and I think she knows that too.
Old 13th May 2009, 9:22 PM   #58

Quote:
I know you do- and I think she knows that too.
Hopefully.
Old 13th May 2009, 9:28 PM   #59
Established Member

LB -

It sounds like you feel you handled the situation well, and we need to believe that. The main concern I had from your post is that the supervisor put the corrective note to you in writing. Typically that is done when management is trying to build a case against someone for poor performance.

While you may feel that the management in your place of employment are a bunch of buffoons - they are still management and somewhat responsible for your continued employment.

Finally the field you are in is small - so you need to make sure you are perceived as a positive influence upon your environment. Regardless of who starts a negative conversation about management (reference to your saying you were not the only one experience this critism) - everyone gets painted by the same brush.

Having said all that - I go back to the fact that you feel you handled it well. Again I believe you said the right thing (s) - now go DO THE RIGHT THING(S). Make it clear you take the input to heart, if you are even remotely unsure, ask a supervisor, etc.

Good luck
Old 13th May 2009, 9:30 PM   #60
Established Member

Great post NYC girl- I couldn't agree more.

LB, we do care about you and your career- we have seen you on here since before you graduated.