LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

My job is terrible.

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 13th May 2009, 5:15 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb129 View Post
LB- I don't need to know the details. As I said, its not for me to judge the actual chain of events.

But the fact that not one, but TWO of your supervisors voiced concern suggests to me they probably have a pretty valid case.

You reacted in the right way by saying you would do your best, but then you say on here its BS- so if you don't actually believe what they are saying is true, you probably aren't going to "do your best"...

Another word of advice- if the other junior counsellors are going through the same thing then I wouldn't take that to mean that what the supervisors said to YOU isn't valid.

i would also avoid getting into discussions about the supervisors and theur disciplinary processes with the other counsellors
Firstly, its nobody elses business what you and your supervisors discuss.

Secondly- you don't want the supervisors to find out that you have been bitching about them and their procedures with your colleagues. Its unprofessional and could have a negative impact on your future assessments.

LB, I am not repeat NOT picking on you. I have been where you are now- first job fresh out of grad school. New graduates can be a little too self assured and think they know it all (not saying you do, but I definitely did).

But nothing teaches you more than actually working in your field IRL, and you can learn alot from your superiors- some of it what TO do, and some what NOT to do. Ultimately by observing and taking everything they say on board quietly will help you develop professionally.
I agree with what they are saying just not to the extent that they think it is. In other words, I think they are overreacting. Nobody there is a "junior counselor" I'm the only one. They have already said that they know that and they don't expect me to know everything so I guess that is a good thing. You are right about talking about them behind their back though, I try not to do that. I don't want that coming back to haunt me.
Old 13th May 2009, 5:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb129 View Post
But the fact that not one, but TWO of your supervisors voiced concern suggests to me they probably have a pretty valid case.

You reacted in the right way by saying you would do your best, but then you say on here its BS- so if you don't actually believe what they are saying is true, you probably aren't going to "do your best"...

Another word of advice- if the other junior counsellors are going through the same thing then I wouldn't take that to mean that what the supervisors said to YOU isn't valid.

i would also avoid getting into discussions about the supervisors and theur disciplinary processes with the other counsellors
Firstly, its nobody elses business what you and your supervisors discuss.

Secondly- you don't want the supervisors to find out that you have been bitching about them and their procedures with your colleagues. Its unprofessional and could have a negative impact on your future assessments.

LB, I am not repeat NOT picking on you. I have been where you are now- first job fresh out of grad school. New graduates can be a little too self assured and think they know it all (not saying you do, but I definitely did).

But nothing teaches you more than actually working in your field IRL, and you can learn alot from your superiors- some of it what TO do, and some what NOT to do. Ultimately by observing and taking everything they say on board quietly will help you develop professionally.
I agree with everything you said here (again!), particularly the bolded part. I too thought I knew it at one-year out. Boy, was I mistaken!

Another thing, LB... didn't you get a really poor review in January (or whenever that was)??
Old 13th May 2009, 5:27 PM   #33
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
I recall one situation where one of the junior staff members used the wrong rubber stamp on a document. No big deal, right?

We ended up in a six month civil suit over it.

Sometimes, things that appear insignificant, can have a lot of fallout in the bigger picture.

Perhaps it's time to rethink your position, in that you believe your knowledge and judgement trumps two experienced supervisors' combined knowledge, fresh out of school.
Old 13th May 2009, 5:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialbyfire View Post
I recall one situation where one of the junior staff members used the wrong rubber stamp on a document. No big deal, right?

We ended up in a six month civil suit over it.

Sometimes, things that appear insignificant, can have a lot of fallout in the bigger picture.
I can think of countless examples like this.

Quote:
Perhaps it's time to rethink your position, in that you believe your knowledge and judgement trumps two experienced supervisors' combined knowledge, fresh out of school.
I really agree with you (and SB) about this. A fresh-faced counselor (like a brand new attorney, or dentist, or consultant, or whatever else) is really in no position to say that two experienced supervisors are wackadoo.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:06 PM   #35
Established Member

Why cant she call her bosses wakkos if she wants to? She is within her rights to vent. She said before she wasnt asking for advice she was just venting. Also the fact that other counselors who arent fresh out school are having the same issues. It sounds like to me that the company is having issues with updating its staff on changing policies.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:12 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkletOes26 View Post
Why cant she call her bosses wakkos if she wants to? She is within her rights to vent. She said before she wasnt asking for advice she was just venting. Also the fact that other counselors who arent fresh out school are having the same issues. It sounds like to me that the company is having issues with updating its staff on changing policies.
Do you have a job yet?

Calling her bosses crazy, or saying that what they said is B.S., or that they're overreacting, is counterproductive to the issue at hand. Do you see that?

Also, she doesn't work for a company. She's an addiction counselor. It's a very important job. The expectations of her are going to be quite different from some clerical worker.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:20 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
Do you have a job yet?

Calling her bosses crazy, or saying that what they said is B.S., or that they're overreacting, is counterproductive to the issue at hand. Do you see that?

Also, she doesn't work for a company. She's an addiction counselor. It's a very important job. The expectations of her are going to be quite different from some clerical worker.

I dont know what the hell my employment has to do with anything especially since you are the main one telling someone that they need to "chill out" sounds like you need to take your own advice.

I have mentioned before if its one thing i can not stand or tolerate is a bully and you stargazer dear are a BULLY. You get angry whenever someone disagrees with you. Then you become hostile and insulting. How you have healthy relationships with anyone is beyond me if you behave in real life like you do on here.

Whats the harm in her calling her bosses names and venting? Who does it hurt...again i highly doubt she says these things to their faces.

Again stargazer youre rudeness and attempts to put me down and intimidate me wont work. BTW do you have a job? bc you seem to spend a whole lot of time on here insulting and belittling others.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:24 PM   #38

TT, you know perfectfully well that I am gainfully employed, and what I do for a living. Once you're employed, and able to keep a job, you'll be in a better position to provide employment-related advice.

As for the advice I've given LB in this thread, if you read it you'd notice that I AGREED with what others posted. The advice I provided was no different than the advice the others have given. If there's anyone "picking" or being a bully here, it's you. Now please, get off my case and stop following me around. It's very troll-like.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:32 PM   #39
Established Member

Quote:
TT, you know perfectfully well that I am gainfully employed, and what I do for a living. Once you're employed, and able to keep a job, you'll be in a better position to provide employment-related advice.

As for the advice I've given LB in this thread, if you read it you'd notice that I AGREED with what others posted. The advice I provided was no different than the advice the others have given. If there's anyone "picking" or being a bully here, it's you. Now please, get off my case and stop following me around. It's very troll-like.
Sweet heart no one is following you. This is a message board and i will answer any thread as i see fit. You are a bully you do nothing but act nasty and show your rear. Who started sniping at whom? You lame attempt to make fun of what you THINK you know about my life. I know enough about people and situations to give advice.

How am i picking on you? Go back and read and see who was the first to lash out me or you? Ill do ya one better go back to all the threads involving me and you and see who lashed out first.

Why SG if you are really gainfully employed you wont mind putting down the name of the supposed law office you work for. Just like you wanted me to name all the places i applied to.

Please stop lashing out at me its very middleschoolerish not a good look my dear.
Old 13th May 2009, 6:44 PM   #40

Are you going to offer LB any advice, TT? Because I'm really not in need of any advice right now, but thank you.

BTW, please tell me: Why are you following me from thread to thread?

Why is what I've said here any different than what, say, SB and TBF said? Particularly since I quoted them and merely said I agree?

You're crazy if you think I'm going to provide my contact information on an open forum, particularly in response to a defensive person who follows me around to argue with me and call me names. It's a little creepy, to be honest.
Old 13th May 2009, 7:00 PM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Are you going to offer LB any advice, TT? Because I'm really not in need of any advice right now, but thank you.

BTW, please tell me: Why are you following me from thread to thread?

Why is what I've said here any different than what, say, SB and TBF said? Particularly since I quoted them and merely said I agree?

You're crazy if you think I'm going to provide my contact information on an open forum, particularly in response to a defensive person who follows me around to argue with me and call me names. It's a little creepy, to be honest.
No more creepy than you asking me to name the places ive applied to work at.

Im not following you from thread to thread star gazer if you look i didnt say anything to you until i saw you were getting ugly with lb. Then when i defended her you started to attack me...that hon is BULLYING. Now stargazer i am putting you back on ignore i thought that maybe youd calm down but i see no chance of that happening so i can not end up letting my fingers get the better of me i shall place you back on ignore. Once again you have shown to add nothing to a conversation other than insults. You claim not to respect me bc i apparently lay around on my rump and do nothing. I dont respect people who constantly belittle and are rude to others for no reason other than their own inflated ego tells them to do so.

Before i go fix my ignore list i will leave you with the rules of this site that say no personal attacking. You seem to have a problem with that seeing as youve recieved infractions about it before. So for your reading pleasure :

We expect that all community participants interact in a manner conducive to free-flowing, collaborative participation from all visitors, fostering an environment free of harassment, character attacks, and other forms of individual and group berating. We realize that all members may not share the same definitions on issues surrounding personal morality, appropriate behavior, and other sensitive topics of discussion that often appear on the site; we encourage all to voice their own opinions while refraining from criticizing other participants for the perspective they hold. Each person that posts on the forum is to be treated with the utmost respect and civility regardless of how absurd or ridiculous the opinion expressed might seem to you from your perspective.
Personal attacks against other participants will not be tolerated under any circumstances. We define personal attacks as posted comments which are intended to provoke, demean, or ridicule another participant. It is inevitable that members will sometimes disagree in their responses to any given problem, and LoveShack.org encourages healthy debate comprised of constructive questions and criticisms, so long as they pertain to the post and thread at hand. Personal dislike of another member has no place in any post, on any thread.
We expect that all participants will respond to posts in their specific context, not to the person who has posted. While opinions may be formed of various members based on what they have posted in the past, any response to any particular submission should be grounded in what has been posted in that thread. Past disagreements should not be resurrected in new threads. It is important that criticism be directed at what is stated in a post ("I don't like your idea") rather than at the individual making the statement ("I don't like you").
Submissions containing threats to leave the community or other forms of "emotional extortion" intended to incite a reaction from fellow participants are viewed as inconsiderate and disrespectful to the community as a whole and will result in immediate loss of access to the site.
Old 13th May 2009, 7:09 PM   #42

Seriously, TT. I'm not the one who needs to "calm down," here. You need to get a grip. Please leave me alone. Thanks.
Old 13th May 2009, 7:11 PM   #43
Established Member

Ahhh love the ignore button.

Any who chin up lb things happen just take everything in as a learning experience. Everyone who is starting out makes mistakes i dont think anyone expects you to be perfect.
Old 13th May 2009, 7:24 PM   #44
Established Member

still have to have the last word i see...nope wasnt fired from avon..i dont think you can be LOL. Thank you for your concern stargazer...again you just have to have the last word. I thought you wanted me to leave you alone yet here you are again attacking and BULLYING.
Old 13th May 2009, 7:29 PM   #45

I'm not a bully, TT. You're just getting a little out of hand.

I do, however, suggest anyone who's morbidly interested in your background simply Google your name, TwinkletOes26. My, what interesting things you post about....

http://forum.freeadvice.com/other-cr...nt-445892.html