LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

I can't stand my boss who can't stand me

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2002, 8:07 PM   #1
Established Member

cant stand my boss

Im sick of my job.I need to find a new one but dont know what I would be good at.Im sick of my boss.He blames me for stuff I dont even do.Yesterday before I left work I made sure I did all my stuff that I was suppose to do before I left.Then today he goes up to me and says "oh how come you didnt do such and such, and I told him "hey you know I did do everything I was suppose to do" Hes just assuming things about me that isnt even true.I felt so bad at work,I broke down with a anxiety attack crying.And it felt ;like I could not breathe good after this happened.He had no right saying I didnt do my work cause I made darn sure I did before I left.So I told another person at work about it they are going to have a talk with him.I hope they do cause its what he needs.I get frustrated when he keeps looking over at me when Im working.Plus he walks back and forth when Im trying to do my work and makes me uncomfortable. He just went and started on me for no reason at all and I know I did what I was suppose to do.He knows I made the right amount,hes just starting on me for no reason.Hes just being a jerk.A big one!

Patty
Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2002, 9:15 PM   #2
Established Member

I'm sick of my boss, too!!!
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2002, 10:34 PM   #3
Established Member

Geez, you shouldn't get that stressed at work. Find another job!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
mighty bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2002, 1:20 PM   #4
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
sure he does

He's your boss, he has every right to question if you are doing your job correctly. The only thing you can do is maybe ask him if there is anything else that you CAN do...and ALWAYS make sure that you do what you are supposed to.

Oh and another thing...try not to freak out at work. I know it's hard sometimes, but it's very important that you remain professional at work.

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not.

"The Lorax" Dr. Seuss
Ally Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2002, 3:42 PM   #5
Established Member

Journal Entries: 8
jerks

sometimes the best defense against a jerk is to kill him with kindness.

sometimes, though, people have a way of being inundated with stress and don't know how to handle it, so pass it along to the people around them. Maybe he's going through that because of the holidays? Any which way, just do your job to the best of your ability, because no one can fault you for doing your best.
quankanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2003, 7:52 PM   #6
Established Member

Is he doing this to only you or to everyone, because if it's to everyone, no need to stress about this.

Oh, and don't get your friend fired by making him "talk to the boss."

What makes you feel you have to stay there, is that the only type of job in your area you can do? I don't know, I grew up in the mountains, so I can understand the fact that the position you hold is the only one in town. If not, start looking around.
Old 10th January 2003, 9:51 PM   #7
Established Member

He is always near me when im trying to do my work,so I feel he is only doing this to me.Not that I dont mind people walking by me.But he gets to close and I start shaking and pouting feeling like I did something wrong.I get real nervous at work with him around me right under my feet all the time.It gets frustrating after awhile.

I would consider getting another job but I hear theres always a jerk where ever you work anyways.So I dont think it would make much of a difference.But something for me to think about.Ive been at this job for 7 years doing the same old thing.Im doing all this extra work and no raise.This new boss I have is very cheap.

The last job I had was hell too.I did cash register at Blockbuster video.And there was a lady that worked there that made very uncomfortable,she would nag me every day when I started work.But I got so sick of it I told a manager about it.She was actually at me to make fun of my weaknesses.But I was brave and didnt let her continue,I eventually told someone.Any kind of harrasement I wont take.

At this job I got now,its easy for me to get harrased, cause in the summer they think they can work me to no end just cause its busier in the summer.But I cant drive and take a dial-a-ride back home and one time ,I missed it cause they were keeping me there doing alot of work.Then I had to pay for the cab and I dont make much as it is.Thats what I dont like about the job I got now.I have to worry everyday in the summer about missing the bus.Then if I miss it, Im stuck.
Old 14th January 2003, 5:54 PM   #8
Established Member

Sorry...

My saying is, "happiness is your bosses picture on the back of a milk carton."
lostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2003, 1:15 PM   #9
Established Member

a new job

Hi Patty-

I know your transportation is limited- but are there any kind of call centers in your area? Not cold calling telemarketing- but centers where people call in to place orders- such as catalogs companies, or smaller office supply places, etc- try your local paper.

You may feel more comfortable in a situation like that- where for the most part you only concentrate on your own work and deal w/ the people on the line. People around you would have to concentrate on their own work.

I did this work years ago in college- and it was pleasant- people are typically happy on the phone b/c they call you- and when it's downtime you can read, etc. Pay would be most likely higher than at MacDonalds. Typically, all that is required is typing skills and a nice voice- no heaving lifting, no public exposure.

Everyone has jobs they hate, you just have to temporarily bear it and have a goal in mind- to take a baby step closer to something else you want. On the bright side, look at the people exposure you've gotten- you're going to encounter some people who are unpleasant or annoying wherever you are- it's all in how you allow it to affect yourself. Keep your chin up- and good luck! It'll get better.
Baubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2003, 2:41 PM   #10
Established Member

Hi Baubles.Thanks for the advice.I never took any typing skills or anything but people tell me I type fast.

Im going to be getting a job where my hidden talents are.Its my goal.I write music and try to play it after,I tried singing last night and practicing my song.I love music.My therapist is looking into a program for me which will help me pick my career goals.The song I wrote was about the astraunauts "Columbia".Its on this forum somewhere.Its starts off slow then it gets faster with a heavy metal sound in the middle of a song.My next project is working on a love song.Im planning on recording it on blank cassette tape.

Thanks.

Patty
Old 20th March 2003, 9:01 PM   #11
Established Member

update

Remember how I posted here I think it was awhile back about not having a break at work? Well today for the first time I finally got one!
Old 20th March 2003, 10:43 PM   #12
Established Member

You deserve a break today....at McDonald's!!!

Congratulations. Now, if I can just win the lottery we'll both be happy as hell!!!
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2003, 10:54 PM   #13
Unconfirmed Account

i didn't see yer original post as i am a newbie-but i thought breaks and lunches were...somehow......literally...."constitutionals" .....by labor law

what did you do on yer break?
sheeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2003, 1:48 PM   #14
Established Member

Thanks Tony and sheeba.On break I sit down get something to eat with orange juice.I just relax and take the load off my feet.I get one half hour break.It feels good to sit and relax cause being on my legs all day is really exhausting.

Im working more hours now,making the new salads.They take time to make."California Cob" with bacon,eggs and blue cheese."Ceaser" with parmesan cheese."Bacon Ranch" with bacon and cheddar jack cheese.

Patty

Last edited by Patty; 21st March 2003 at 1:54 PM..
Old 21st March 2003, 8:24 PM   #15
Unconfirmed Account

patty those salads do sound good! but you know? i always hate to hear someone is unhappy with their job. you know how they say-"you don't go to work to make friends or have fun-yer there to work?" i don't believe that. when we spend 8 hours a day somewhere (which is technically longer than we spend with our own family members in between commuting and sleeping) it sure would be nice to be happy and enjoy the people you work with.

maybe you can just stay there long enough to get a good reference and move on. you know-i know you said you never had an official typing class-but if you DO type fast...unless you go to an employment agency-no one is going to check your speed. take an online typing test and see how you score

if you like working with people-why not try looking into a receptionist position? you could get off your feet-talk on the phone-and no one really breathes down your neck. light paperwork......that might be good

GOOD LUCK!

sheeba
sheeba is offline   Reply With Quote