We are working with this sweet co-worker, but for the last few days he has been smelling really bad, and worst of all he doesn't do anything about it !! How do we approach with this situation ? We also don't want to hurt his feelings.

Ask him if anything is wrong lately...when he asks, tell him why. He could well be depressed.

We are working with this sweet co-worker, but for the last few days he has been smelling really bad, and worst of all he doesn't do anything about it !! How do we approach with this situation ? We also don't want to hurt his feelings.

oh.. ouch, that's a tough one! I wouldn't know how to approach it with him... maybe have a casual talk about men's cologne and you are thinking about getting some for your boyfriend and then ask him "what was the kind that you USED to wear"? :laugh: ok, maybe not...

or you could all put on gas masks when he comes around... :sick:

obviously I'm clueless... anyways, good luck!

Trialbyfire
Discuss it with your immediate supervisor and allow him/her to handle it, ensuring that you're not implicated in this. I wouldn't take it on yourself.

As an ex-employer, I've handled a few cases of this. It's never fun but part of the price management pays, to create a reasonable work environment for everyone.