Online courseowrok ?

BoredPerson

Really want/possibly need to do additional degree(s). Courses are offered online by universities that are not top tier. Not bad, just not top.

Coursework seems similar.

Is it worth getting masters or other qualifications online ?

Lucky_One

Real companies don't put faith into online degrees.

Besides, the educational system is just a crock, right? Why sink your money into something that corporate America isn't going to out and appreciate?

Go get a 'staple' job. :p

• Author
BoredPerson
Real companies don't put faith into online degrees.

Besides, the educational system is just a crock, right? Why sink your money into something that corporate America isn't going to out and appreciate?

Go get a 'staple' job. :p

I didn't realise I was posting to such an ignorant crowd. You can get qualifications, through a university, that are completed online. End result the award is no different to attending campus.

Staple jobs require qualifications, and that is basically the idea behind getting more degrees. A shame you have to be so ignorant in your post that you cannot provide real advice. I was hoping some intelligent posters might be able to add some perspective.

Lucky_One
I didn't realise I was posting to such an ignorant crowd. You can get qualifications, through a university, that are completed online. End result the award is no different to attending campus.

Staple jobs require qualifications, and that is basically the idea behind getting more degrees. A shame you have to be so ignorant in your post that you cannot provide real advice. I was hoping some intelligent posters might be able to add some perspective.

That is a rich comment, considering the source.

I was basically quoting you from someone else's thread before.

But, you definitely may want to consider both a typing and an English grammar course. They have courseowrok on those.

• Author
BoredPerson
That is a rich comment, considering the source.

I was basically quoting you from someone else's thread before.

But, you definitely may want to consider both a typing and an English grammar course. They have courseowrok on those.

You have restorted to attacking typos, sad, that means you're well and truly beaten.

I really don't want to have to have these contests. I'd like some advice regarding my question, please.

Lucky_One

On a serious level, maybe you will get some answers. But since you typically post rude responses to people's questions, you may not.

Sucks, doesn't it?

I wish you luck.

I'd like some advice regarding my question, please.

Yes, well that could be a problem...knowing your history of attacking posters who try to help you.

Good luck with that...

TwinkletOes26

This is what ive been told by professors,google,and older people who have gotten online masters. Companies use to not take online courses seriously bc a lot of them werent accedidated. Now they will if you make sure the school is accedidated. Now companies know people cant really always work and go physically to a school so online is a good choice if anything maybe try an online program through a place that has a PHYSICAL campus.

Side note : He had been rude to me in the past but i was mature enough to look past it and answer his question in a polite matter. The being I want to lead by example. Maybe if he sees that i am answeing questions without rudeness he would do the same.

Thing is i CHOSE to answer his question. If i really thought he was worth holding an egrudge over i would have just PASSED HIS QUESTION OVER. I wouldnt waste my time type a rude answer. ~sigh~ I suppose that comes from not getting angry with people who live inside my computer.

not being rude just stating my pov :):bunny::)

Really want/possibly need to do additional degree(s). Courses are offered online by universities that are not top tier. Not bad, just not top.

Whats the degree you have in mind. For certifications like "Project Management" and such I don't think they would be looked down upon as much. But for a Masters Degree I think you would rather have a conventional degree.

OK I will try to help

There is a definite snobbery between universities of any kind (as has probably been demonstrated by LSers from time to time). With regard to online courses then it may well depend on the institution you use. As has been pointed out, a key thing is the accreditation and whether the course is recognised by any relevant professional bodies you may wish to join later.

I am doing an online degree by a very well recognised and reputable university. I have also attended uni on a full-time and a part-time basis for other courses so can compare the differences very easily in some aspects. You need to be prepared to discipline yourself. It is far harder than doing a full-time degree without the face to face support and encouragement from tutors and other students though you may find that the university has forums to enable discussion which does help.

• Author
BoredPerson

Probably some sort of econometrics. Mostly out of interest. Also useful for my job, but not necessary.

Outside the USA, there really isn't the idea of snobby university standards/tiers/etc. I always find it interesting to see Americans who will go $100k+ in debt for an undergrad degree.

Anyways, my degree is primarily through actual classrooms but I have taken several courses online. I loved them because I do shift work and I generally prefer to work alone anyways. If you are a hard worker, then you will probably enjoy them. People who put minimal effort will crash and burn.

Go for it!

I teach for a regionally accredited online university as well as for a smaller private university that has just started a partial online program for its MBA candidates. I can tell you that the courses are just as rigorous as what you would find at a campus-based school.

It is reality for many working adults that the only way to pursue an advanced degree is to do so at night and/or online. Yes, there are disputable schools out there but there are also a great many that are regionally accredited and whose degrees are readily accepted in the business community.

• Author
BoredPerson

Well I don't want to stagnate in my role. I'm a Business analyst, so understand the clients business is important. Additional study would actually make me more useful to my employer.

Additionally it provides me with grounds to change career if the need arises. Masters of Econometrics is mostly for my own personal interest but I also think it woudl assist with my job..

I'm only a very Junior employee. Study would be at my own expense and at my own time, but I can't see a point in remaining stagnant at this stage of my life. I'm still at the point where almost anything could happen.

So why start to pidgeon hole myself ?