TwinkletOes26

Hello all i am here to apologize for my behavior in the other threads. I have been rant crazy but its frustrating not being able to find work of any kind not just the jobs i want.

I have signed up with a temp agency and fully plan on using them to land a permanent job. I know i should have done that in the beginning but I had heard stories of temp jobs never turning into perma positions. I never thought of them as a way to net work. I have been researching temp agencies and i think this may very well be a way to network and find permanent work.

Thank you for all your help and again i never meant to come off and a spoiled complainy brat. I have not only job frustrations but family frustrations as well (im sure some have seen my mother rants). Anywho not making excuses just extending an olive branch of peace.

Have a lovely sunday night guys and wish me luck with them temp agency:)

Star Gazer
Hello all i am here to apologize for my behavior in the other threads. I have been rant crazy but its frustrating not being able to find work of any kind not just the jobs i want.

Given your comments about "refusing" to do this job or that job, I really don't believe this. *shrug* If I'm wrong, please list every single job you've applied to and been turned down for.

• Author
TwinkletOes26

The only thing i REFUSED to do was an unpaid internship. Why should i list my jobs for you? I mean its not that serious whether or not you believe me is totally up to you. I tried to extend the olive branch of peace and here you are being ugly. Is it really that serious stargazer? Does it truly affect you one way or the other if i do or dont get a job? Does it affect your life if i never work? I believe all the answers to these questions to be no. So why oh why is it that you must continue to be ugly?

Im not gonna list the jobs i applied for and got turned down bc frankly i dont have to. I dont have to answer to you. I apologized for the sake of peace.

If you didnt believe me you could have just kept it moving but no you are here stirring stuff up. I have repeatedly tried to be nice to you and you turn around and act catty. So please stargazer it seems that we are never gonna see eye to eye so i believe the best thing for us to do is ignore each other. Please act like i do not exist. I would hope this is possible seeing as we do not know each other personally. To you i hope to be nothing more than words on a screen.

Now before you ask "why dont you ignore me" because you seem to have a bigger issue with me than i have with you.

amaysngrace

I've heard employers like potential employees who worked at McDonalds because they work hard for little money.

In that way working at McDonald's is impressive.

I know how hard it is to find a job in this economy. I started my job hunt last August with high expectations- I became despondent pretty quickly.

I ended up just doing some temporary piece work/seasonal work in order to make money. I never thought with my academic background and work experience that I would have so much trouble finding work, but it was tough!

I did find something I like that pays decent money. It's not ideal- but it's a good stepping stone.

Best of luck on your search.

• Author
TwinkletOes26

thank you dlish they say the key it to do a good job so youll have references so when you do apply to full time jobs youll have loads of experience. As of now i have a grocery store and a intership under my belt.

Everything you do is an experience. I got so good at writing a resume by the end of it all.

I began by handing out a generic resume- and by the end I actually tailored each resume to fit the job I was applying to- down to the smallest detail.

The next hurdle you'll face is the interview, lol.

quankanne

gripe away ... sometimes it's best to get it out before you have to deal with people as you look for employment, you know?

as for turning down potential jobs ... well, YOU are the only one who can gage what your strengths are and how they can benefit an employer. It defeats the purpose to apply for or go for something that you aren't a good match for and you know it, lol, been there done that. And while the people were very gracious, I felt guilty for wasting their time by employing someone who was not gifted in that particular area (ad sales) but thought I could do it and eventually land a writing position. Weeding out the jobs you're not interested in or know that aren't your forte is not a bad thing, because you aren't wasting anyone's time when you do that.

meanwhile, stay positive ~ something good will turn up, and it'll lead to bigger and better!

green_tea

Well I've read some of your posts about how hard it is to get around, no public transport etc, having to rely on your mother to take you places, it sounds like a very hard situation to be in. I really hope your luck changes soon!

Star Gazer
Im not gonna list the jobs i applied for and got turned down bc frankly i dont have to. I dont have to answer to you. I apologized for the sake of peace.

You're trying to make peace with.... who, exactly? Yourself?

You claim you can't find ANY paid employment. I find that very, very hard to believe. So I asked you to tell us all what jobs you've applied for and been turned down for. Your silence tells me that you're only applying for the positions you want, for which you are (admittedly) currently unqualified for.

Rather than apply at a retail place, or a restaurant, or anywhere else to become employed, you are only willing to do clerical work. I think you're just being overly picky about what jobs you will even try for. After a year of unemployment, I think that's a pathetic attitude to have.

I really hope you're not collecting unemployment benefits. :mad:

• Author
TwinkletOes26
You're trying to make peace with.... who, exactly? Yourself?

You claim you can't find ANY paid employment. I find that very, very hard to believe. So I asked you to tell us all what jobs you've applied for and been turned down for. Your silence tells me that you're only applying for the positions you want, for which you are (admittedly) currently unqualified for.

Rather than apply at a retail place, or a restaurant, or anywhere else to become employed, you are only willing to do clerical work. I think you're just being overly picky about what jobs you will even try for. After a year of unemployment, I think that's a pathetic attitude to have.

I really hope you're not collecting unemployment benefits.

No i was trying to make peace with the board but you seem to be the only one still harping!

Look lady i dont know what crawled up your behind and died but lay off will ya? No my silence means i dont owe you an explination! Who the heck do you think you are the police?!!! How do you know what i have or havent done. How do you know if ive been overly picky are you right here with me when i fill out applications? NO! So why do you care is the real question? Me having or not having a job doesnt affect you in one way or the other. No i never said i was unqualified for. I said when i look most of what i see are jobs for people who have 2+ yrs experience !

You have been rude to me from day one...over what a difference in eyeshadow choices? You wanna wear shimmery neutrals go for it they just dont suit me who the heck cares? Is it really that serious!?

No im not collecting unemployment how can i? I graduated from college and havent gotten a job so i have nowhere to collect unemployment from so that right there is a wrong assumption.

You seem to be very bitter and hostile so most of whatever you say to me from now on goes in one ear and out the other hon. Like i said i dont get upset about people that live in my computer. You seem to be more riled up by me than i am about you.

Get over what ever your issues are with me good gried i should be nothing more than words on a screen to you.Youre like a dog with a bone LET IT GO stargazer LET IT GO! If its anyone with a pathetic attitude its you. Im the one whose in a bad situation but i dont take my bad situation out on others. You on the other hand whatever issues you have going on are taking it out on me. Im not your whipping girl.

So please im asking you again in bold letters you can read and comprehend: IGNORE ME STARGAZER NOTHING YOU HAVE SAID TO ME HAS BEEN KIND OR HELPFUL. YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT RUDE AND UNPLEASANT. AS A RESULT ITS BEST IF WE IGNORE EACH OTHER ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD. YOU SEE MY POST PLEASE PLEASE PASS THEM BY.

Thank you:)

Star Gazer
Look lady...

It's not often I get called a lady here on LS. I kinda like it. :)

You have been rude to me from day one...over what a difference in eyeshadow choices? You wanna wear shimmery neutrals go for it they just dont suit me who the heck cares? Is it really that serious!?

Uh, I could care less about your eyeshadow. You're the one who focuses more on the color of your makeup than getting a job. :)

You're also the one ranting and raving and apologizing. You, not me. You post problems, we try to help with solutions. You don't want to take on our proposed solutions, you only want your own.

Good luck, dear. :)

• Author
TwinkletOes26
It's not often I get called a lady here on LS. I kinda like it. :)

Uh, I could care less about your eyeshadow. You're the one who focuses more on the color of your makeup than getting a job. :)

You're also the one ranting and raving and apologizing. You, not me. You post problems, we try to help with solutions. You don't want to take on our proposed solutions, you only want your own.

Good luck, dear. :)

I assumed you were a woman because you threw such a fit and seemed to know so much about e/s. Usually men dont care enough abotu makeup to care.

ANYWHO i dont want YOUR HELP bc you are rude and unhelpful. Seems like you are doing more ranting and raving than i am.

BTW plz read the other thread the temp agency hooked me up with a yr contract with a collection agency doing what? Agent/CLERICAL WORK at 16.00 per hour.SO looks like my plan worked out after all. SO thanks but no thanks. Also i dont recall asking for advice in the rant thread because WHY? it was a RANT. Now becaus you lack reading comprehension i will repeat myself. IGNORE ME you cant possibly be a guy because you are too darn catty;).

Star Gazer
I assumed you were a woman because you threw such a fit and seemed to know so much about e/s. Usually men dont care enough abotu makeup to care.

ANYWHO i dont want YOUR HELP bc you are rude and unhelpful. Seems like you are doing more ranting and raving than i am.

BTW plz read the other thread the temp agency hooked me up with a yr contract with a collection agency doing what? Agent/CLERICAL WORK at 16.00 per hour.SO looks like my plan worked out after all. SO thanks but no thanks. Also i dont recall asking for advice in the rant thread because WHY? it was a RANT. Now becaus you lack reading comprehension i will repeat myself. IGNORE ME you cant possibly be a guy because you are too darn catty;).

I AM a woman. I find it funny that my joke went right over your head. :p

If you only knew what I know about debt collectors... (Here's a hint: Study up on the FDCPA, or your gig is done.) :lmao:

Good luck, TwinkleToes. Do yourself a favor - chill out. :)

• Author
TwinkletOes26
I AM a woman. I find it funny that my joke went right over your head. :p

If you only knew what I know about debt collectors... (Here's a hint: Study up on the FDCPA, or your gig is done.) :lmao:

Good luck, TwinkleToes. Do yourself a favor - chill out. :)

Nope honey you "joke" didnt go over my head. I was just saying why i figured you were a woman.

Anywho of course i wouldnt know much about debt collectors why? because i am not a lawyer like yourself say you are and i havent ever had any major debt(thank God for not opening credit card accounts in college).

I need to chill out ? This coming from a woman who just HAS to get the last word:).

Star Gazer
Nope honey you "joke" didnt go over my head. I was just saying why i figured you were a woman.

Anywho of course i wouldnt know much about debt collectors why? because i am not a lawyer like yourself say you are and i havent ever had any major debt(thank God for not opening credit card accounts in college).

I need to chill out ? This coming from a woman who just HAS to get the last word:).

Sweetie, you're the one FREAKING out about your job hunt situation, and then posting an "apology" for sounding like a spoiled brat. You don't see me doing that.

But seriously, read up on the FDCPA. All debt collectors must be proficient in it, or they get sh*t canned by the agencies they work for. (I represent their employers - the agencies - when they terminate debt collectors violate the FDCPA.)

• Author
TwinkletOes26
Sweetie, you're the one FREAKING out about your job hunt situation, and then posting an "apology" for sounding like a spoiled brat. You don't see me doing that.

But seriously, read up on the FDCPA. All debt collectors must be proficient in it, or they get sh*t canned by the agencies they work for. (I represent their employers - the agencies - when they terminate debt collectors violate the FDCPA.)

You love twisting words dont cha? must be a lawyer thing. If you treat your clients the way you do me its a wonder anyone would work with you.

ANyways i never said i was apologizing for "sounding like a spoiled brat" i was apologizing for all the rants. Of course im freaking out its been a year and still havent found employment. Regardless of what you think i should or shouldnt do the choice is completely up to me. You trying brow beat me into doing what you think is best isnt going to work.

What i see you doing is following me around from thread to thread with something rude to say. Again why arent you ignoring me? Does it truly bother you that bad that im not taking your advice? Good grief i signed up with a temp agency got a job duty and you are still complaining.

We need to hash this out stargazer what exactly is your issue with me?

Now watch you wont have an answer for this just more insults....im waiting?

Star Gazer
You love twisting words dont cha? must be a lawyer thing. If you treat your clients the way you do me its a wonder anyone would work with you.

Nah, they LOVE me. I'm pretty damn good at what I do. :)

ANyways i never said i was apologizing for "sounding like a spoiled brat"

Oh really? Hmmm....

i never meant to come off and a spoiled complainy brat.

That sounds like "apologizing for sounding like a spoiled brat" to me.

But maybe I can't read?

Of course im freaking out its been a year and still havent found employment. Regardless of what you think i should or shouldnt do the choice is completely up to me.

You're right. It IS your choice. But remaining unemployed for over a year is a poor choice, IMO.

By the way, debt collection is NOT "clerical work." It's essentially telemarketing, but with a mean streak. You really should get a thicker skin if you're going to survive that industry. In other words (not to beat a dead horse here), you should learn to chill out a bit.

What i see you doing is following me around from thread to thread with something rude to say.

I don't follow anyone, sweetheart. I post on most threads here.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

• Author
TwinkletOes26
Nah, they LOVE me. I'm pretty damn good at what I do. :)

Oh really? Hmmm....

That sounds like "apologizing for sounding like a spoiled brat" to me.

But maybe I can't read?

You're right. It IS your choice. But remaining unemployed for over a year is a poor choice, IMO.

By the way, debt collection is NOT "clerical work." It's essentially telemarketing, but with a mean streak. You really should get a thicker skin if you're going to survive that industry. In other words (not to beat a dead horse here), you should learn to chill out a bit.

I don't follow anyone, sweetheart. I post on most threads here.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Um the job duties include answering incoming calls,taking notes(this was on the job description),and filing. Sounds like clerical work to me but maybe i cant read hmmmm.

I do have a thick skin im not upset in the least. I quite enjoy a good back and forth gives me something to do whilst i wait for my laundry to dry.

I said i never meant to come off as a spoiled brat. I never said i was a spoiled brat but whatever. Again with twisting things must be a lawyer thing hm.

You never did answer my question about what your issue is with me.

Yes its your opinon that to not have a job for a yr is bad...YOUR OPINION. You act as if i havent been looking,but yes i forgot you wanted me to list WHERE i had applied. As if thats any of your bees wax(sound bratty enough for ya;);)) . I dont have to prove jack to you or anyone else on here. Believe what cha want it matters not to me :).

Still waiting on my answer but i have a feeling you will never answer my question.

Star Gazer
Um the job duties include answering incoming calls,taking notes(this was on the job description),and filing. Sounds like clerical work to me but maybe i cant read hmmmm.

Just wait. "Answering phone calls" and "taking notes" and "filing" at a collection agency is agency-speak for taking incoming phone calls from debtors who are calling from collection letters, taking notes into a collection notes computerized system, and filing involves the letters and notes.

You'll know I'm right once ya start. ;)

You never did answer my question about what your issue is with me.

I thought it was plainly obvious what my issue was with you. It is to everyone else here, just not to you. That speaks volumes in and of itself...

But to spell it out for you in black in white, I simply have no respect for people who sit around waiting for over a YEAR for the specific type of job that they want to magically appear via a temp agency, and then COMPLAIN about not being able to find enough work to support themselves because they refuse to look for anything else.

• Author
TwinkletOes26
Just wait. "Answering phone calls" and "taking notes" and "filing" at a collection agency is agency-speak for taking incoming phone calls from debtors who are calling from collection letters, taking notes into a collection notes computerized system, and filing involves the letters and notes.

You'll know I'm right once ya start. ;)

I thought it was plainly obvious what my issue was with you. It is to everyone else here, just not to you. That speaks volumes in and of itself...

But to spell it out for you in black in white, I simply have no respect for people who sit around waiting for over a YEAR for the specific type of job that they want to magically appear via a temp agency, and then COMPLAIN about not being able to find enough work to support themselves because they refuse to look for anything else. It's grossly insincere, and not to mention lazy.

Well at least you answered my question. Frankly my dear whether or not you have respect for me makes me no real difference. I dont care what some woman that lives in the computer thinks of me.

I again never said i was waiting for a specific type of job. I said i would not do an unpaid internship because i needed money.I said i would work at charlotte russe (a store in case you dont know what it is) BUT they arent hiring in fact i told you the mall is about to shut down because we are in a recession.

Whether you believe that i signed up for a temp agency and they got me a job with a collections agency again matters not to me. I could care less what some obviously bitter woman believes I did or did not do. You had an issue with me before the job rants you had an issue with me starting with the eyeshadow question claiming that i was hiding behind my make up bc i wanted to wear color and not shimmering mud. You seem to lack the capasity to think that everyones skintone is different. Just because neutrals look good on the black women where you work doesnt mean they look good on me.Not all black people look the same just like not all white people hispanic ect ect ect.....but that is neither here nor there.

Heres my issue you claim that you dont respect me bc you think im lazy and im sitting around for a year waiting for a dream job(untrue). Have you been with me when ive filled out applications? You are nothing more than a judgemental woman who sees and hears what she wants. The fact is you dont know my whole life and whats going on you only know what ive told you. How do you know theres not a good reason i wasnt working for maybe half of those 6 months? Of course if there was i most certainly am not gonna share them with you. Why? not bc there might not be one but because i choose not to. Thats right i know it may shock you but I dont have to share ANYTHING i dont want to. That includes what jobs i have applied to,what ive been doing during the year,why i havent worked at least 6 months. Again why? because its MY choice.;)

You claim you are only "helping" but you have done nothing but hurl insults. So do you seriously think that by being insufferable that i am going to take anything you say into consideration:confused:? Your way of speaking to people may work in your law office my dear but it does not work with me. People who are constantly nasty and rude get the side eye from me. This just tells me that they have something going on with in them that drives them to be this way. Ive done nothing but be nice to you i even tried to make amends with you through pm. You in return have been nothing but unplesant. If you wanted to motivate me why not offer articles,job sites,mention job fairs in my state,or tell me about job openings? Have you never heard the saying you catch more flies with honey?

I ask you again if i bug you so much then why not act like i dont exist? Is it so hard to ignore words on a screen? Im guessing that it is because you have a BIG need to have the last word(must be the lawyer in you)I shall let you have it. I from now am putting you on ignore. When i see your screen name in this thread or any thread i will pass it over because i know it will be of little use to me. After all why would i listen to someone who doesnt "respect me" ?

Have a lovely tuesday

:)

Ps Just so you know im not angry nor am i not sad. If anything i am amused that someone would take time out to be rude to someone else on a message forum.

Star Gazer
I ask you again if i bug you so much then why not act like i dont exist? Is it so hard to ignore words on a screen?

Answer your own question (and try to do it in less than 10,000 words). :)