Wage Freeze, No Retro Pay?

EYECANDY000

So, I have been at my present company for 5 years now, and I love it a lot! but heres the thing. Right before i was about to get my raise the company laid off a lot of employees and is now presently at a stand still with all raises.. which of course is a wage freeze! So, today I found out that the company will not give me retro pay for the past six months. I think it is very unfair that they keep me at my same wage and not even consider giving me back pay.

On one hand I want to say something. but on the other hand I dont want to lose my job.. what do you think about the situation

To clarify:

You're saying that they promised you a raise, starting 6 months ago - but to date they have not increased your pay?

Trialbyfire

Are you union or does your company have any contractual obligation to increase your wages? Were there increased responsibilities six months ago?

If it isn't in writing or in your employment contract, it's likely as good as carbon dioxide.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to clarify things with the person who exhaled six months ago :)

From my numerous dealings with the government, I generally don't believe a word they say unless it's in writing and signed. Even then, I run the important stuff past my lawyer. People lie like I change boxerbriefs...