Purchased service agreement for routine services

On our motorcycles, I have had one and my hubby took his morotcycle in for the 2nd. We have had the bikes for two and a half years and all services are done according to the miles on the motorcycle, like cars. %00 break in service, 4K, and 8K. So since my husband just got 4K on his bike he took it in and was told that our "service/maintenance agreement" expired at 12 months. We paid $700 each for the two bikes, so $1400 in advance for the three services and now we are being told we have to pay $180 for the service my husband had done on the bike today.

The manager said CA law says they can not offer a service agreement or maintenance agreement for more then one year or it turns in to an "insurance agreement" and that since they don't sell insurance the agreement "contract" is only good for one year.

Does this sound fishy to anyone else? I asked him how he can expect people to even put 8,000 miles on thier bike int he first year...

Read the paperwork you signed.

IMO, service agreements only benefit one party and that generally isn't the customer.