Heavy flirting at work, but is there more to it?

From day 1 since I was officially hired for my line of work...there was this particular co-worker who was highly flirtatious with me (or she seemed very interested). Even more noticeable when she was with her bf, she would do it openly/freely with me and him there. I never took her seriously because I figured she was flirting for fun. Soon after things just became normal at work.

A few months ago she had broken up with her bf and it seemed mutual. She was discussing it with co-workers and I had overheard it. So again anyway this started a month ago...I noticed her being less closed off and more open to me (in general she's a very closed off person even to co-workers). Also what's been happening is that we behave like professionals at work, but there is also that unspoken heavy flirting/EC thing going on at the same time.

I have to admit these mutual flirting games are fun and I get a bit of an ego stroke. Though I wonder if that's all there is to it or if there's anything beneath it all - on her end and my end? I enjoy it a lot, but she is the type of person who keeps up a facade at work - and at times she comes off a bit pretentious (maybe to mask some kind of insecurities?). Professionalism is one thing but she takes it to the edge.

I figure if I did ask her out one day, with her facade she would probably just shoot me down. It's often rare for anyone at work to see the 'real' her, vulnerable and all.

What do you guys think?

you need not to think about her like you do or the situation which is happening. (1) You not even sure how she feels about you, unless you can find out for sure. (2) It can be just the type of person she is and your sense of smell or anything base on your personality that makes it easy for her to flirt with you. and (3) I think if she had genuine feelings for you she would not had approach you like that. that's just what I think man- From a man point to a man.

• Author

Your response doesn't make much sense. Anyway yesterday, when I was working/helping with a female co-worker that's near her desk I noticed she got really jealous. She kept looking over at us, and even came near us once to pretend like she was stacking some files. I kind of liked seeing that side of her because maybe she really does like me.