Business idea- would you buy this product?

basically it's a black box in your car.

it keeps recording and when there is an accident, it saves it.

I had accident couple weeks ago. this woman is lying but I can't prove it.

it will serve as perfect evidence.

it's not the same product but has the same concept.

I am contacting other manufacturer about importing their products to U.S

how do you think?

I think it's a good idea, but is it really cost effective? Wouldn't it only capture front-end collisions?

In addition, this has already been created, and I believe there's a patent pending (if not already granted).

It's my understanding that many high end newer cars already have a form of a black-box already as well, albeit not with a camcorder.

Trialbyfire

Yes, many newer cars already have black boxes.

I didn't drill down into the site but are you certain that in your jurisdiction, this will hold up as evidence? I would run this by your insurance company and find out how they view this type of camcorder, for the purposes of evidence, since most accidents don't go through any legal process. I would also ask them if they're aware of any legal precedence of this type of recording device being of sufficient grounds to win a case.

• Author

I know newer cars come with black box. but it's like black box on the plane.

the cop has to run the program to see if the driver applied brake, turned steering wheel, was wearing seat belt things like that. it doesn't still tell the whole story.

This one is like a survelliance camera.

I had accident couple weeks ago. I was just going straight down the road and this woman came out from right side (bike zone)

I had really hard time to prove it and now my insurance said they are going to accept the liability. The woman even lied.

If I had this video , all I had to do was play it which will shut the mouth of the woman and her insurance company.

when it comes to car accident, if there is no key witness, its about word against word (or matter of power & money you have). I doubt why recorded video can't serve as evidence?

another benefits include:

it will monitor drivers so accident rate would drop

you can use it for fun by recording while racing with someone