Boss' wifey gettin on my nerves.

SO I work at this small family owned business, and my boss' wife recently started working there. She and I get along great, and I enjoy working with her, but now she's really starting to get on my nerves! She always tries to do everything, and then gets all overwhelmed and pissy cos she overloads herself. Then, when I'm trying to get things done, she's constantly over my shoulder, or trying to shove herself in the middle of what I'm doing (that's what is really eating me...I can't even finish a transaction smoothly!!!).

My boss told me the other day that he doesn't know if he wants her to work there because she gets so bent about the customers, then takes it out on him @ home. I don't know if I should voice my thoughts to him, or just bite my tongue. I know my boss values me and my opinion, and looks for my input around the office. (i'm kinda like management without the title). I wanna say something, but I don't, yanno?

And ANOTHER work issue I'm having....

I got one of my good friends a job at my place...I trained her, and even gave up one of my shifts so she could have more than a couple days a week. Well, I guess she has just totally disregarded anything I have taught her, and she's really messing things up!!! When I ask her about it, she doesn't even give me a reason, just her justification that makes sense to only her. I'm so mad, cos I kinda pushed for this for her..I knew she needed a job, and figured she'd enjoy the environment and do really well. Now that she's working there, she's just refusing to do certain parts of her job, and modifying other things that shouldn't be modifying (procedures, rules, THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES.) I wanna punch her in the face!!!! I know they want to let her go, and I really don't mind it, cos I had everything in place running smoothly till she came in and messed it all up...But I feel like a tool cos it's my friend. (you know she actually laughed at me when I told her not to expect me to be all BFF towards her at work?!?!) She hated training with me cos she said I was mean. (I wasn't at all...I just have my professional self, and my fun self...)

I'm really disappointed in her...and that seems to be the theme of my friendship with her...maybe its time to kick that biotch to the curb...

WOW I FEEL BETTER!!! SORRY FOR THE RANT!!!!

Do NOT say a single word about the boss' wife. Erase all such ideas from your mind.

If you feel the need to say something, just stifle it and take your frustrations out on your friend.

Don't say anything about her to him. Even if he asks. You don't have to lie and tell him everything is perfect. Just don't criticize her.

Little companies can be terrible places to work. Especially when family gets involved.

I don't know if I should voice my thoughts to him, or just bite my tongue.

if you like your job i would recommend the latter

tell boss you're sorry to hear that work is following him home, and that you hope he's able to find a solution that works for the both of them. Then pray like mad that he "fires" his wife.

as for your friend ... well, if she cannot respect her position enough to do it right, she deserves to get canned. That's crappy that you feel responsible for bringing in a less than stellar worker, but hey, think of it as a learning experience, you know?

I have to agree with the other, don't say anything about the wife and take this and the other part about your friend as a learning experience. It's difficult working with friends and anyone related to the boss.

Keep doing a stellar job because you wouldn't want any falling out with your friend or the boss' wife to reflect on you. :)