7 years without a break

I've worked 7 years at my job and havent got a break like the others.I dont understand why.Sometimes I stay there longer working over longer then my shift doing extra work. I think that everyone that works needs a break.I hope someday I can be a singer.

Patty

The more work you do and the more you put up with, the more you will be asked to do and the more you will be made to put up with. This is a cruel world and if you don't stick up for yourself you will be pounded into the pavement.

Take it upon yourself to take breaks just like the others do, if your job permits such. If anybody says anything, just tell them you are taking a break...just like everybody else.

If you can't do that, ask supervisory or management personnel at your company why you are not accorded the same courtesy of a break that others in your firm are.

If you don't look out for yourself, nobody else will. Seven years is a very long time to suddenly get pissed because you aren't being treated the same as others!!!

I've never heard you sing so I don't know if I want to encourage a career as a singer for you but if that's your dream, go for it and let the market take care of itself.

I do know that singers get a lot of breaks if they're good and a lot of bad breaks if they have no hits and/or no gigs.

Take some time off for SURE and while you are taking that time for yourself, explore yourself. What happened in your life seven years ago that could be keeping you at your job? Did someone close to you die or reject you? Etc. Something has happened (maybe you were OUT of work for a while) that has caused you to obsess with your job. You are drowning something by spending all your time til you are exhausted at work, and then sleep. You might want to talk to a doctor about getting treatment for depression, and definately take care of yourself...bc if you don't, no one will or could even if they wanted to. Once you get treatment, you'll realize how much you are a fun person, get some friends, or just make friends at a kareoke bar...now THAT is fun....and if you do it, I wanna come and see if you can do Prince's "Kiss" better than me!!!