Speaking of Degrees...

Does an A.A. Degree really get you in

any doors as far as on a resume?

I've thought about going back to school, to

at least finish the A.A. degree I started, but

never have because i've always thought it's

all about the B.A. degrees...

IMHO, AA's are completely worthless. Even my B.A., when I get it in a year, will not be a sure thing as far as impressing anyone. It's the M.A. you want, but you have to jump through all these f*cking hoops first.

Posco_Proudfoot

An AA is typically a step down from the BA., so go for the BA while you can.

Anything after that depends on the field if it is valued or not.

Why don't you start at a junior college then transfer to get a BA/BS? If you're going to go for it you might as well go all the way. A lot of employers don't consider an AA to be a "real" degree.

IMHO, AA's are completely worthless. Even my B.A., when I get it in a year, will not be a sure thing as far as impressing anyone. It's the M.A. you want, but you have to jump through all these f*cking hoops first.

I'd say that an MA is worthless, unless it's required to do what you want to do for work. I can't justify the cost of tuition for it.

An AA is the new HSD. BA is the bottom rung for respectable degrees, and generally the minimum required for a leadership position (Management).

AA's plus certifications are good for tech. jobs though.

No.

A BS/BA might get you somewhere and it depends on the where and what you got the degree in.

A Minor is almost like an AA when you get an BS/BA with it.

More is always better. A BA is now a commodity just like HS and AA degrees.

A BA/BS is the minimum for a supervisory/manager.

Most jobs, even entry level (other than fast food/ retail/etc) list right in their ads thst they require a BA/BS. The degree quite often not even need be applicable to the field the job is in...they just want you to have it.

Do not despair however! Get that AA . Then enroll in a fast track course to you BA/BS. Many scholl offers this type of course for working adults and parents. You are young enough still to reap the rewards of doing this.

lovestruck818

You definitely should go get a bachelors degree. More and more companies are requiring them now.

LOL. Just read my above post. Please note that many jobs also require you to spell, regardless of your degree. Even burger flipping.