LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Asking for a raise!!!!

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 5th June 2002, 3:09 PM   #1

Asking for a raise!!!!

Hi there,

Omigod! Today I plan on asking for my first raise at this company were I work. You see, I believe (as well as many other proffessional people) that I am far under paid.......I am a receptionist, but they have me doing administrative, accounting, you name it, they make me do it. Lets just say I dont answer phones. When I took the position I was under the impression that the company had little money, and all I would do was answer phones, call couriers and distribute mail. Well, in the city I live in the going rate for an admin/reception is about $26-$28K, I am making $21K. Harsh, eh???? They want to also put more responsibility on me too!! I have only been here for about 10 months.
How should I go about asking? I want to ask for $26,800, which is a far jump from what I am at now. They are also known for being really cheap too! I will only consider staying if I get what I want (they also have no benefits) so how should I word it to my boss today? What should I say to them ??? Help!
mimi is offline   Reply With Quote