A gift for the boss?

shatteredesteem

Hi to all!! I just need some advise on this matter, I've been so torn and I'm not really sure what to do. Christmas is fast approaching and every year the people in my office usually asks me to buy the gift for our boss(married with kids), they dont really wanna ask anybody else..But here's where my dilemma is: I've been very intimate with my boss for a long time and nobody in the office new or where suspicious, they always thought that we were just friends. Early this year I ended things with him because there's been an OOW a new employee, I have to work with both of them. It's been ten months and my relationship with my boss has been strictly professional. Ten months of healing and moving on, I never gave him anything since I ended things.

Please help I need some advise as to what to do..If I say no to my collegues they well get suspicuos as to why I dont wanna do it this year since i"ve done it for the last 6 years and I"ve always been happy to do it. Believe me I've had my karma, the last 10 months have been extremely hard for me but I'm trying to move on and getting my life together..My relationship with him is something I'll always regret. Lessons learned.

Please need advise..

anyone you can ask to help you pick out a gift? Especially if you happen to have a fuller workload this year? Or, you can graciously bow out by saying that you'd like to let someone else be in charge for a while, that it's not fair that you get to hog all the fun shopping for the big guy!

• Author
shatteredesteem

quankanne

Thanks for the suggestion...Nobody else wants to do it, I did ask a couple of people already...They want me to do it. Although in my heart I dont really want to but I guess I'm gonna have to.

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't want to do it....then DON'T DO IT. Period. If you've done it for the last 6 years, then it's about damn time someone else does it for once. Just ask someone, tell them your SUPER busy or something. Don't get walked over!

• 2 weeks later...

I would still buy the gift and make sure that it is plain and clear that the gift is from everyone and not just you. Get ideas from everyone and ask what should you buy? Im sure there are some ideas! Also, ask if anyone has overheard him talking about what he wants, or need. That way your not putting much thought into the gift, your just going out and buying it.

Early this year I ended things with him because there's been an OOW a new employee, I have to work with both of them.

Do people in the office know about your boss and this new OW of his? If so, how come you know and they don't?

How are you so sure that no one in the office know about your affair with the boss?

It must be misserable to still work for him when he used you and move on to the next piece of meat. Have you ever thought about doing the right thing, which is to inform his wife about the cheating....after all you were part of it!