Company merger

How likely are people in a company to keep their jobs when a merger takes place?

Are you the one getting owned?

The "owned" ones tend to get redundant, get a pacakge, or just laid off. There are times where it goes the other way but mostly the new management decides.

How likely are people in a company to keep their jobs when a merger takes place?

I've been through several mergers; got packaged on one of them (to my advantage as I was going to leave anyway).

In the process I developed a unique, but well rounded skill set that adds value to me as an employee.

My questions to you is what do you offer to your company so that they have a compelling reason to hang on to you?? How can you help them maintain a sustainable edge over their competition??

how likely are people in a company to keep their jobs when a merger takes place?

if ur company gets taken over generally u die in the face.

My questions to you is what do you offer to your company so that they have a compelling reason to hang on to you?? How can you help them maintain a sustainable edge over their competition??

She gives good phone, positive attitude, and a good pleasant person to see when you walk through the door.

• Author
Citizen Erased
She gives good phone, positive attitude, and a good pleasant person to see when you walk through the door.

Well thank you. :p. Yes it is the company I work for. It is not quite definite as yet, probably won't know much for a couple of months.

FWIW two of my friends worked for start-ups that got acquired by much larger companies and they both kept their jobs.

It all depends on the people themselves. If they're good at what they do, the company will recognize that and try to retain them, even if they have to find them another position elsewhere in the company. There are many ways to "make it work." One's reputation speaks way louder than words in these cases. And a little @ss-kissing doesn't hurt either.:D:D