blind_otter

I go on maternity leave in 2 days.

But my office manager had to go and hire a ****ing painter to come paint the office right next to mine, so I'm sitting here inhaling paint fumes and feeling like I'm going to vomit.

I am really tempted to just not come in next week at all. The person I was training to do my job has made no effort to learn what they are supposed to do while I'm gone. I've been preparing the returns myself, I offered to let her sit with me while I do a few so she can understand what to do better, but she's always too busy.

I'm just pissed off. They can't wait 2 freaking days to paint the EMPTY office next to me???

BO-

this is not healthy for you and the baby! tell them this is not acceptable. ask if it can be accomplished over the weekend when most folks aren't working.

• Author
blind_otter

I doubt they will accomodate me. No one bothered to tell me that he was coming to paint. Yesterday it was no big deal, he was steaming the wallpaper off so there were no fumes. Today I am choking. I closed the door to my office, but I can't get my window to open!!

I feel like throttleing the painter, but it's not his fault. It's the stupid office manager's fault. I think she didn't even think that it would be a problem.

• Author
blind_otter

Oh hell yeah I'm going to ask.

But if they say no, I'm taking my maternity leave 2 days early.

I know! Go puke on OM's desk, then quietly walk out without explaining. Better yet, just make gagging noises whenever she's nearby. My sister does that whenever my husband forgets to wash up after he's smoked his ciggies, since she's highly allergic to the smoke ...

• Author
blind_otter

Well I can't get a straight answer from anyone. No one knows if the painter will be here on Monday, but I told the office manager that I will not be coming to work if he's here. Apparently he's kind of flakey and just calls whenever he has time to come in.

Right now they put me in someone's office who is on the other side of the building (she's on vacation this week). So I can get my work done, but it's mighty inconvenient and I keep having to walk back to my office to get things.

Oh well. Worst case scenario, I'll be starting my maternity leave today instead of tuesday.

Lookingforward
I know! Go puke on OM's desk, then quietly walk out without explaining. Better yet, just make gagging noises whenever she's nearby. My sister does that whenever my husband forgets to wash up after he's smoked his ciggies, since she's highly allergic to the smoke ...

That was my thought too LOL

Lookingforward
Oh hell yeah I'm going to ask.

But if they say no, I'm taking my maternity leave 2 days early.

Pretend to go into labour - problem solved :)