I have been working at my job for almost 6 months, the first 5 were great and then they decided that they were going to make some minor changes.

So far these minor changes have been, taking everything off of our desk that was "not necessary to do our work", so no pictures, no lotion (we have to wash our hands before and after every patient and we can't have lotion!), no nothing. They have positioned the tape dispensers, staplers, phones, computer monitors, etc where they want them to be and we can't move them, we can only have one beverage container at our desk, we have to tell everyone every time where we go anywhere... the bathroom, down the hall to get water, anywhere.

I got to work 2 minutes late one day and my boss made me fill out a form requesting leave with out pay for those 2 minutes... who does that??

Last week I went into work on Tuesday, there are normally 4 of us that work together, one was on vacation and another was in the hospital, so that left 2 of us working for 4 of us, it wasn't easy but we managed to get through the week. We were told on Thursday that the woman in the hospital was released and would be back to work on Monday and the woman who was on vacation is back tomorrow as well. I asked for next Friday off work over 2 months ago so I could go home for my little brother's high school graduation, before I left work on Friday my boss told me that she is denying my request for vacation next Friday because she doesn't think that the woman who was in the hospital last week is going to be up to doing much work this week. What do I do??

I accidentally came across a job opening at another clinic, so now I am thinking I should take it and get away from my current boss!

Lookingforward
I have been working at my job for almost 6 months, the first 5 were great and then they decided that they were going to make some minor changes.

So far these minor changes have been, taking everything off of our desk that was "not necessary to do our work", so no pictures, no lotion (we have to wash our hands before and after every patient and we can't have lotion!), no nothing. They have positioned the tape dispensers, staplers, phones, computer monitors, etc where they want them to be and we can't move them, we can only have one beverage container at our desk, we have to tell everyone every time where we go anywhere... the bathroom, down the hall to get water, anywhere.

I got to work 2 minutes late one day and my boss made me fill out a form requesting leave with out pay for those 2 minutes... who does that??

Last week I went into work on Tuesday, there are normally 4 of us that work together, one was on vacation and another was in the hospital, so that left 2 of us working for 4 of us, it wasn't easy but we managed to get through the week. We were told on Thursday that the woman in the hospital was released and would be back to work on Monday and the woman who was on vacation is back tomorrow as well. I asked for next Friday off work over 2 months ago so I could go home for my little brother's high school graduation, before I left work on Friday my boss told me that she is denying my request for vacation next Friday because she doesn't think that the woman who was in the hospital last week is going to be up to doing much work this week. What do I do??

I accidentally came across a job opening at another clinic, so now I am thinking I should take it and get away from my current boss!

Yuck re the sudden desire for micromanagement even down to placement of staplers LOL - this sort of crap can ruin a good place to work.

Did you get the vacation approval in writing hopefully ?

Because work is such a huge part of our life- I think it's pretty important to enjoy your job. Nothing can bring you down quicker then having to get up every morning and head to a place you resent- because those feelings of resentment will spill into your off-work time.

I'd def start looking elsewhere!

Geishawhelk

8 words.

find a new job.

hand in your notice.

They don't deserve you. :cool:

8 words.

find a new job.

hand in your notice.

They don't deserve you. :cool:

That's 12 words.

Trialbyfire

Apply now before someone else from your clinic gets the job!

That's ridiculous about desk setup, tell mama where you're going and the 2 minute docking. :mad:

• Author

She never approved my vacation in writing it was just verbally... which I now regret! I threatened to call in sick that day if she didn't give me the time off that I was promised, she went off on how I will be leaving the whole clinic short staffed and blah blah blah... she said if I use my sick leave I better come back with a note which I could do because I have an appointment that morning with a doc in my hometown so she decided to spite me and approved my leave in writing but put in the comments that it was approved as leave without pay because I am leaving and putting the clinic in a tough situation... which is not the case according to anyone but her!

I also contacted the other clinic with the job opening and I have an interview on Thursday morning! With any luck I will be out of there in a month.

Sarita12385

Keep us posted on the new job - I REALLY hope you get it. If so, does your company do exit interviewS? If not, I'd ask for one and rip 'em apart :mad:

Trialbyfire
Keep us posted on the new job - I REALLY hope you get it. If so, does your company do exit interviewS? If not, I'd ask for one and rip 'em apart :mad:

While this may give you immediate satisfaction, the last thing you want on your record is that they wouldn't rehire. References are meaningful when you're starting out and can kill you, in the latter part of your life.

Also, management and management styles change over time. She might find that in 5 years time, it's not a bad company to go back to.

• Author

They do exit interviews and I will be telling them everything that I have to say.

I don't know that I will be wanting to go back there but I also don't want to ruin that option in case I do get desperate for a job in the future and need somewhere to go. The new job is actually just a transfer, it's another clinic at another hospital in the network I already work in.

I should hear next week on the job :)

whichwayisup

Yes, take the other job. This boss of yours is ANAL and has some serious control issues.

• Author
Yes, take the other job. This boss of yours is ANAL and has some serious control issues.

If I am offered the new job I will take it! I also have a phone interview set up for next week for more openings that would be transfers as well :)

I can't wait to tell her I am leaving!

• Author
Shoegirl, I have everything crossed for you!!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but

THANK YOU!!!

I need it right now!

I can't wait to tell her I am leaving!

She probably gave you a fantastic reference so she won't have to see your sorry arse any more. A parting gift seems most appropriate.

Star Gazer
While this may give you immediate satisfaction, the last thing you want on your record is that they wouldn't rehire. References are meaningful when you're starting out and can kill you, in the latter part of your life.

I totally don't agree. Most employers don't discuss details beyond start/end dates and rate of pay for fear of being sued by their ex-employee for defamation and/or tortious interference with economic advantage.

If they do say you're ineligible for rehire, there's always a way around that. I have a bad mark on my record, but that hasn't prevented me from getting 8 offers in the past month.

As for you - most references are checked AFTER your interview. When you interview with others in the future, make it clear to the new employer that you left the old employer in a bind, and that you'd understand if they were mad/frustrated/etc. at being short staffed as a result. Then if/when the new employer gets a bad reference from that employer, they'll already think they know why.

Good luck SG!

Trialbyfire
I totally don't agree. Most employers don't discuss details beyond start/end dates and rate of pay for fear of being sued by their ex-employee for defamation and/or tortious interference with economic advantage.

If they do say you're ineligible for rehire, there's always a way around that. I have a bad mark on my record, but that hasn't prevented me from getting 8 offers in the past month.

As for you - most references are checked AFTER your interview. When you interview with others in the future, make it clear to the new employer that you left the old employer in a bind, and that you'd understand if they were mad/frustrated/etc. at being short staffed as a result. Then if/when the new employer gets a bad reference from that employer, they'll already think they know why.

Good luck SG!

If this is what you want to believe, that's okay. I'm guessing that your industry is very cognizant about civil suits so the last thing they want to do, is to give reason for disgruntled past employees to attempt one.

Not all industries are this way. The rehire or not question is standard practice.

Star Gazer
If this is what you want to believe, that's okay. I'm guessing that your industry is very cognizant about civil suits so the last thing they want to do, is to give reason for disgruntled past employees to attempt one.

Not all industries are this way. The rehire or not question is standard practice.

It's not limited to my industry. I counsel and litigate on behalf of employers in is commonly asked, VERY FEW EMPLOYERS will actually ANSWER it. And if they do, very, very, very few would go beyond saying "no" to explain why - liability risks are huge. A large medical network like the one SG works for would know this.

debbiew1984

Find another job, u dont need to be treated like that!

I dont get on with my boss either, and going to work everyday fills me with dread.

I was signed off work sick and she gave me a verbal warning for being on facebook during my time off!

How crazy is that!

Def follow what we all say here, hand in your notice and leave. But please dont do it until u have another job xx

Star Gazer

Weird, all the words of my post didn't show up. :lmao: It was supposed to read like this:

It's not limited to my industry. I counsel and litigate on behalf of employers in almost every industry. While I agree the "rehire or not" question is commonly asked, VERY FEW EMPLOYERS will actually ANSWER it. And if they do, very, very, very few would go beyond saying "no" to explain why - liability risks are huge. A large medical network like the one SG works for would know this.

Trialbyfire
It's not limited to my industry. I counsel and litigate on behalf of employers in is commonly asked, VERY FEW EMPLOYERS will actually ANSWER it. And if they do, very, very, very few would go beyond saying "no" to explain why - liability risks are huge. A large medical network like the one SG works for would know this.

Some industries have a large network. Mine does. We know who to trust to an extent and who not to discuss certain employee aspects. Industry meetings and business lunches are great places to exchange confidential information. Catch me if you can...

Star Gazer
Some industries have a large network. Mine does. We know who to trust to an extent and who not to discuss certain employee aspects. Industry meetings and business lunches are great places to exchange confidential information. Catch me if you can...

Again, I disagree with you, wholeheartedly. But if you'd like to have the last word again, please... take the floor.

Trialbyfire
Again, I disagree with you, wholeheartedly. But if you'd like to have the last word again, please... take the floor.

And I disagree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. I can only share my experiences of hiring, which I've done a lot of. You can only share your experiences of the whistle blowers but not real hiring practices.

Star Gazer

Whisteblowers? WTF are you talking about?

You can only share your experiences of the whistle blowers but not real hiring practices.

That's an awfully presumptuous statement to make about my experience, and also incorrect. You don't know what I have and haven't done. I've been directly involved in the "real" hiring practices of hundreds of employers. You? One or two or a handful (i.e., your own), at most.