The Meeting I wanted

HokeyReligions

After weeks and weeks of budget meetings and hassels, I got the meeting I wanted with my boss. I'm due for a raise in July. I asked for it now, and I asked for a much higher raise than I have received in the previous 2 years.

I'm getting it!! Yay!!!

During my meeting, my boss decided to vent. Boy Howdy did she vent!! There is another woman at work who was hired a year ago for a special project. This woman has been a secretary all her life (she's in her mid-40's) and this special project was her first venture into this kind of work. What she did for the first 10 months was not typical of what we do (Information management) she was doing clerk-type work. She was hired as a temporary and only went permenant about six months ago, and 3 months ago was transferred to a project where she would get some actual experience in the field. But only on one side.

For the last month she has been asking people how much of a raise they got and then she went and Demanded that she be made a Sr. and a Lead! She has only scratched the surface of the work we do and still only one side of it - she hasn't a clue about the other side. She made the statement that she always gets what she wants and if she doesn't she will leave. Well, all of this was rumor before (although I believed it because I know her and her attitude) and my boss confirmed it during our meeting. My boss got so upset at one point she slammed her hand on the desk and yelled "WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS" as she confirmed all of this.

They haven't fired her yet, they are hoping she will just quit. This is the same woman who I gave two roses from the arrangement hubby gave me on Valentines day - just to shut her up. History: I volunteered to coordinate a flower sale for a charity (sponsored by my company) and there were issues with the roses we received. Some were pretty bad looking and we were strapped trying to fill all the pre-orders. When she got hers she complained so much about the quality that I got her two of the roses from my own personal arrangement that hubby bought me somewhere else and she didn't even have the grace or decency to be a little grateful. She even complained to the organizer of the sale that *I* did a poor job by not having decent flowers.

She had originally signed up to volunteer with me (I had submitted my list of volunteers previously) and at the last minute she ran around very sarcastically saying she was too busy to help. Well, later when I confirmed who had helped I scratched out her name and told the organizer that she backed out at the last minute. Then she was mad because she wasn't invited to the 'thank you' luncheon we had a couple weeks later!

I hope she quits too - and soon! Who DOES she think she is!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator