Any suggestions everyone?

Hi All,

Im not really sure if this is the right room but I need your suggestions/ideas please.

I'm going to open a retail shop in 2 months (that's my target). I have the location already. Next week, I'm going to register my business name. Problem is, I find it kinda tricky since I'm going to carry stationery and office supplies and at the same time, a boutique (fashionable clothings, accessories, shoes,etc). It's like a one stop shop. I know i should have a separate name for this but then i have to apply for one business name only so it won't cost me much.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you guys!;)

What is your question though? What to name it or to have different names?

You can name it just one name and Inc. it. It is a store, you are going to be selling goods which all relates/ not providing services which can mislead from a marketing point of view. As per filing, it doesn't really matter as long as you are sticking to a sector- which is retail.

You wouldn't get in trouble for having different goods for sale, unless you need a license for it (alcohol, tabacco, etc...) in case you are worried about that.

If you are just worried about the marketing aspect of it... name it something catchy, but try to stay away from identifying with one group.

Hope this helps... I own couple of businesses and I have to do all of this years ago. I have one business that services and retails- which I have it as an Inc. (also the liability in a Inc. is not to the owner but to the corporation, saves you from being sued in a civil manner and bankruptcy.

Good luck!

• Author

thanks a lot for that wise advise mimi. Yes I need a catchy name that would tell i'm selling stationery/office supplies and clothings/ accessories inside. I'm not going to sell beverages though. I've been thinking of "scribbles N' dazzles" or "Project Inc." which could mean both or "squiggles" which doesnt mean anything but is catchy and sound giddy. I want to make it sound colourful,positive, lively, happy and bright.

What do you think of those names mimi? This is my first time to put up retail shop so I hope you can suggest any names since you've been in a business for quite long now...

Thank you so much for replying;)