Citizen Erased
I think they are stupid.

I hate them.

:laugh:

I have one moron I work with who does this. She laughs her little condescending comments off like it is a joke but I wish I could slap her the next time she comes near me.

They're stupid because they attempt to make you feel stupid? Why are they successful?

My wife often accuses me of this. MC has taught me that it's merely a communication issue, since my brain processes information at a much higher rate than hers does. So, by working on more effective communication, her perception of my condescension abates.

For me, the issue is I think so fast that I feel I'm wasting my time when trying to slow the process down for someone who doesn't think the same way. The catharsis was discovering that my relationship with the person I'm talking to is more important than speed. Priorities :)

• Author
My wife often accuses me of this. MC has taught me that it's merely a communication issue, since my brain processes information at a much higher rate than hers does. So, by working on more effective communication, her perception of my condescension abates.

For me, the issue is I think so fast that I feel I'm wasting my time when trying to slow the process down for someone who doesn't think the same way. The catharsis was discovering that my relationship with the person I'm talking to is more important than speed. Priorities :)

THAT's not condescending. :rolleyes:

Good luck to your wife.

Condescension and superiority/insecurity go hand in hand. Blow em off, Johan.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Off-topic material removed.
Trialbyfire

As a small, relatively young-looking female, condescending people can be fun for me. All you have to do is to act vacant, then side swipe them when they least expect it. They stop being condescending after that. :)

Johan, I'm curious to hear more about why you dislike condescending people so that I can give you an on-topic response. Can you elaborate?

As a small, relatively young-looking female, condescending people can be fun for me. All you have to do is to act vacant, then side swipe them when they least expect it. They stop being condescending after that. :)

TBF I think I'd be smitten with you if I ever met you. I like em feisty!

Trialbyfire
TBF I think I'd be smitten with you if I ever met you. I like em feisty!

Such a charmer Phateless. ;)

No matter how intelligent, superior or smug they come off, it's how you react that usually nips this in the bud.

You can't act Neanderthal like, (or maybe you can) cause it'd make you look mentally inferior. You simply assert yourself in a calm manner back to them. If they're condescending in a serious manner, assert yourself back in a serious manner. If in a humorous manner, assert yourself in such.

Most people are socially polite in settings. You can be socially in que and still let someone know that you don't F around. ;)

http://freeloveinformational.blogspot.com/