Awkward Interviews/ Funny Stories

Just thought I would create a thread thats a little funny.

What is the funniest interview or most awkward interview you have been on? :D

I went on an interview the other day and it was sooo confusing. When I got to the location it was a restaurant. Of course Im looking around to see if this is the right address. I thought that there has to be a business building attached to the restaurant. I guess since I was looking so confused , suddenly someone called my name! it was maybe like 30 people sitting outside, we had great weather that day.

I walked over and she stated who she was. She was sitting with a guy and I introduced myself to him. He said that he is one of the hiring managers as well. So as i sat down they were staring at each other like they are in love or something. As the interview continues , both of them was eating three course meals and having wine right in front of me. My initial reaction was to get up and leave, but i thought I might as well sit through it for another five mins or so. So after they asked me all about my work history, the guy started like giving me "the sexy eye" Then he proceeded by asking if I have kids? his rebuttal was because the job requires someone who can work on call. ok, understandable. next question, do you have a bf? Im like uhhhh no! now im wierded out! .. so he can see my uneasyness and they lady bascially stated what type of canidate they are looking for and said they will make a decision by tomorrow.

I walked away thinking what the hell was that? I turned back just to see if the guy was looking, and guess what? he was!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!!! he waved , and I ran to my car

Edited by EYECANDY000
Prodigal Princess

Wow, how inappropriate! Can I ask what kind of position this was for?

I do quite a few interviews for my law firm, especially when summer clerk period rolls around. Most law students are pretty astute during interviews but one girl last year totally lost her cool. We were about half way through the interview and she was giving me stock standard answers she'd obviously been rehearsing for weeks. So I threw in a question I knew she wouldn't be expecting (nothing too harsh), and she burst into tears and ran out! I also recall another guy 2 years ago who put his bag down and an empty bottle of vodka spilled out. I've known a few interviewees to have a shot to calm their nerves, but that was not a good look!

• 2 weeks later...

I was interviewing a young man who blurted out to me that he was fired from his last job for punching out his boss. Since I would have been his supervisor, he didn't get hired :-)

Mr. Lucky

I just went on an interview last week and the guy interviewing me kept pausing, as if he didn't have anything to ask me, so I kinda had to keep volunteering information instead of him, um interviewing me. It was very strange. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
thankful15289

I just came from an interview where their final word was "well, we want to hire you but we're not sure for what."

Not sure to take that as a compliment or, uh. . . :)