I'm so over my firm.

I just spent 5 hours in the emergency room due to a medical emergency, and return to my office to a nasty-gram and nasty-VM from one of the partners blaming me for something that isn't even a problem to begin with, and even if it were, it's not my fault whatsoever.

They don't pay me enough to put up with this BS.

I am pleased you are still alive. Alive, but underpaid. Having said that, I would gladly sell my left testicle for $100, so it's all relative.

I'm so over my firm.

I just spent 5 hours in the emergency room due to a medical emergency, and return to my office to a nasty-gram and nasty-VM from one of the partners blaming me for something that isn't even a problem to begin with, and even if it were, it's not my fault whatsoever.

They don't pay me enough to put up with this BS.

Yeah.

The hell with them. That job sucks as.

"Hi Mr. Partner. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I was held up at a medical emergency. Anyways, the problem you mentioned, you might want to discuss it with xyz employee. As far as I know of this issue, it's [insert explanation], so it appears to be okay but you might want to touch base with xyz employee who is responsible for it. [partner thanks you] You're very welcome. :)"

Since you're on here and at work, I'm guessing you're ok, but my sympathies for spending so much time at the hospital.

A friend of mine recently gambled on switching law firms because she wasn't liking the treatment she was getting at hers. People there told her all law firms were the same everywhere. She still took the job at the other law firm. Turns out, their working conditions - and the environment - is way better then at her last firm. (She's switched about 4 months ago). What about you? Any opportunities elsewhere?

I like blackjack. I think lawyers make excellent poker players.

I think law school is one intensive poker face training camp. that's why I avoid gambling with them. or playing srabble. never play scrabble with a lawyer. They know all the weird words like kst and wu and wukuzuxu. or whatever.

There are always greener grasses when you're mad.

Make your move "after" you calm down... and depending upon how mad you are, that may take some time.

I think law school is one intensive poker face training camp. that's why I avoid gambling with them. or playing srabble. never play scrabble with a lawyer. They know all the weird words like kst and wu and wukuzuxu. or whatever.

:laugh: Lawyers are fun to play wordgames with. Instead of a game of give and take, it's a game of hedge, thrust, parry and counter-attack. Never take the defensive, with a lawyer.

It might be time to buff up the CV and start sending it out. Try not to quit when you're angry. It will only burn a useful bridge for the future.

Well, maybe it could also be looked at this way:

Sometimes it takes an event that makes her mad cause her to make CHANGE.

We don't know her whole story. Maybe this is what she needs to make some change and better her life!

Instead of working out an already bad situation!

You go GIRL!