New Co-Worker....I already know I don't like him

I graduated from school with someone I can't stand. He just got a job with my current employer. I don't know what kind of advice I'm looking for....I guess just a way to cope??

This guy makes me feel uncomfortable, annoys the heck out of me, and I have serious doubts about his abilities. How do I deal with this professionally, but without going crazy? I don't want him (or anyone, really) thinking that we are buddies, but I don't want to be mean. We will be expected to work closely together and I am probably supposed to help train him.

A big part of this is the fact that I'm in a place I feel comfortable and I thought I was leaving everything about school behind when I moved here and started my dream job. Why does one of my least favorite people in the world have to invade my work life!?!?!?! Please help with my attitude...

Chrome Barracuda

You know what that is???

I think you like him!!!! lol.:D

I had omen seriously hate me for no apparent reason and I digged deep and come to found out they liked me and they hated themselves for hating me. Which they projected onto me.

No one hates another for no reason.

You dont have to speak with him personally. Only speak with him is its work related. Stilll be cordial to him like Good morning, etc. But nothing beyond that. He may feel the same way about you, never know