Kiss from a coworker

Hello out there!

I just stumbled upon this forum doing some unrelated research, and i love it here. I have a major problem that I don't know what to do and how to handle it.

First off, I currently have a gf. Now onto my little issue. I just started this new job and there is this beautiful woman that works there. I met her a few months ago, and now I work with her in the department. We had our Christmas party a few days ago and I went to it with her and another coworker.

While at the Christmas party, she asked if I was married, had children, or engaged. I said no. As the night went on, we started buying each other drinks and I was going to go home. She said I couldn't leave until I danced with her. My shy self finally did; it was a slow song. Then, sat back down, had another beer, and said I was leaving again. She wanted me to dance with her again, so i did. After that, she called somebody and went outside to talk to them. Also, throughout the night, she was going to the bathroom with her girlfriend..i'm guessing to talk about me.

Anyways, so while she went outside, I told her girlfriend that I am going to be taking off. The girlfriend told me that the coworker wants to talk to me before I left. I said 'ok', and waited for her by the door. After a few minutes, she came back in. I said I was leaving, and she kind of didn't want me to...but I said I had to. She gave me a hug and then a kiss on the lips. I was a little shocked, and didn't know what to do...so then I kissed her cheek a little but had a feeling she wanted more. All I could do is tell her that I had a nice time tonight and that it was fun. I didn't know what else to say.

Now, what to do. I have a feeling that most responses will be "forget about her and it's bad to get into a relationship with somebody at work". I also have a gf that I'm close to. As childish as this sounds, the coworker is a lot more beautiful than my gf, but she is 10 years older than me.

So, how does one go about handling this situation? Should I just ignore it? Talk with the coworker about it? Wait for her to come to me? And also, how do you not have a crush on somebody!?!?!

Thank you for any help that anybody is able to give. I know that this has probably been brought up hundreds of times in the past.

Thanks...

Blue Eyed Brain

Don't do anything about it. It doesn't sound like anything heavy went down, so don't read into more than there is.

She maybe regretting any advances she took due to the liquor, or maybe she will be into you. Either way, wait until tomorrow to see how things go. I would not single her out and discuss it. It was an off work scenerio and I would not bring it in the workplace.

Let us know what tomorrow brings.....

• Author

Thank you very much for the response and support. I have been diagnosed with OCD and on medication for it. It's not that easy to try to put it behind me and forget about it and it's been eating me up all weekend.

It's great to know that there is somebody out there that will help me through this. Thank You.

it sounds like she is very attracted to you.. and of course had just enough to drink to give her the courage to kiss you. Im sure she wouldnt have done it if she was sober. I think you was also letting on the possiblity because you kept giving in to her but slow dancing. to me slow dancing can become a very intimate passionate thing. When you guys danced the first time and you told her you had to go, you should have just left. By hanging until she got off the phone and then going to dance again , kind of gives off the impression that you are not thinking about your g/f..

but i wouldnt say anything until she does, and tell her it was a mistake

• Author

Thanks again for the response. Turns out that she wasn't in today, but I did get some background on her.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who has been through this scenario with her. There are two other guys at my work that had similar situations with her. I heard this through a third person, who I consider is a very reliable source. Plus, her boyfriend also works with us, but not in the same department.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I will take your advice and just keep shut until she says something.

Thanks again for the responses.