I think new manager wants us all to quit

Hi everyone! We have a new manager,and treats us ALL with NO respect at all,I mean discusting wordsthat I would not say to a co worker even if I didn not like the person. All of our feelings have been hurt at one time or another,and it keeps on happening,and we all just take it in because we need our jobs.

This is not right at all,what can we all do to get rid of this nasty mean manager? I know I could get fired,and collect but I know we cant collect (unemployment) if we quit. We are all stuck "help" Lots of people are loosing hours too. He is knocking some off us off the schedule 3,and 4 days a week. WHY? So we can quit??

It id very hard to find another job around here at this time of year. I know I can get off my duff,and go out and find something,but it is hard being I have a criminal record,and no education.

So al you young peeps it pays to stay in school.

Thanks for letting me vent

I had a manager like this before. I also thought he was deliberately trying to piss us all off, seeing as he was new and it was his first store. I think he wanted to have a hand picked staff, but didn't want to actually fire anyone.

• Author

Hi dutchie,thanks for repling

So what happened after some time went by?? This new guy wants us all to quit so he wont have tp pay unemployment,and also wants new peeps in so they will do it his way with no questions. Also I don't think he has a CLUE on how to do this. Says one thing,and does another,and talks to most almost allof us with absolutley NO RESPCT at all!! Cept for this one girl that hasnt a clue either but leaves her cleavage hanging out. Oh well what can I do cept keep moving,and work. (thats all I do HA!)

everyone cept cleaveage girl got to work for 2,and 3 days a week. I quess I shut up,im lucky.(but im good at what I do too). Cleavage girl didnt earn SQUAT!!!!!!!

People been her 10,and 20 years too,its so said to see all these longtimers leave cuz of this young punk managaer. Its so sad,and does not seem right at all. One lady been here 10 years working first shift secratary,and cleavage dumb girl was just going to get fired last month by old manager for larceny(but new manager comes in and says he cant proove she did it. HA!!!!!!

IT NOT FAIR TO US. What can we do? Nothing? sit back,and eat ****?

Its wrong all wrong.

Thank you

Citizen Erased
Hi dutchie,thanks for repling

So what happened after some time went by?? This new guy wants us all to quit so he wont have tp pay unemployment,and also wants new peeps in so they will do it his way with no questions. Also I don't think he has a CLUE on how to do this. Says one thing,and does another,and talks to most almost allof us with absolutley NO RESPCT at all!! Cept for this one girl that hasnt a clue either but leaves her cleavage hanging out. Oh well what can I do cept keep moving,and work. (thats all I do HA!)

everyone cept cleaveage girl got to work for 2,and 3 days a week. I quess I shut up,im lucky.(but im good at what I do too). Cleavage girl didnt earn SQUAT!!!!!!!

People been her 10,and 20 years too,its so said to see all these longtimers leave cuz of this young punk managaer. Its so sad,and does not seem right at all. One lady been here 10 years working first shift secratary,and cleavage dumb girl was just going to get fired last month by old manager for larceny(but new manager comes in and says he cant proove she did it. HA!!!!!!

IT NOT FAIR TO US. What can we do? Nothing? sit back,and eat ****?

Its wrong all wrong.

Thank you

No offense but if you speak the way that you have in this post then I wouldn't wonder why he would want for you to go.

• Author

Ya got it all wrong darling,I get treated with respect,The rest dont,and they have been there for years. The cleavage girl has a record of 5 grand larcenys over 1000 bucks each,and shes part management.

IT NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!

Thanks for your reply.

How,am I suppose to repect a thief,and yes theres proof of her past in the offender information.

Citizen Erased
Ya got it all wrong darling,I get treated with respect,The rest dont,and they have been there for years. The cleavage girl has a record of 5 grand larcenys over 1000 bucks each,and shes part management.

IT NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!

Thanks for your reply.

How,am I suppose to repect a thief,and yes theres proof of her past in the offender information.

Sorry, I was out of line. From the sounds of things, you are better off looking for a place elsewhere. Not sure if you said what it is your work is, but if you would prefer not to leave, then you will have to stick it out. Which frankly sucks, but you will probably have to work for/under people your whole life who either you don't like, respect, or who don't like or respect you. Not necessarily all the time, but it pretty much happens to everyone :(

And pray to god that cleavage girl gets fired or leaves eventually :p

If your company has a high turn over rate for managers then I would wait until he gets fired. If not then you have to work with him and that can be too stressful to the point where it's just not worth to work there. Also, can't you report him to his superiors? If so, he might not get fired right away but will have a history of people reporting him and one day he will get fired.

HokeyReligions

Document everything! Keep a work journal and include dates, times, and the full names of everyone involved. Write down what was said, what was done - or not done, everything. If there are receipts or faxes or emails that corroborate your journal make a copy. Don't steal anything, but keep track.

You can use the journal to detect patterns in behavior and maybe detect any illegalities, which you can research or find someone in HR someplace else that can help you find specific laws that will address any harrassment.

Be careful though and be sure before you report him to anyone higher up in your business. Find your companies HR rules and laws and follow those.

My people probably, well, not probably - DID feel that I was not necessarily fair and/or was too strict and were resentful when I cut OT. However, that was MY job and I did it. I have to report up too and if I'm given the task of reducing personnel costs and deciding on which people to keep, then I have to do it. It's not part of the job I enjoy, but it is my responsibility.

You mentioned you have proof of theft by one of the other employees. Keep that with your journal and be absolutly sure of the facts.

Be sure there is nothing in your own background at the job that they can use against you. You said you have a criminal history of some type. I don't want to know what that is, but be sure that there is no way anyone can falsly accuse you of the same or similar crime at your workplace. If they hired you with a record then they can not use that to fire you - or suddenly change your scope of work.

They can make it hard on you if you leave however. Don't leave with bad feelings - you need to keep and build your own reputation.

• Author
Sorry, I was out of line. From the sounds of things, you are better off looking for a place elsewhere. Not sure if you said what it is your work is, but if you would prefer not to leave, then you will have to stick it out. Which frankly sucks, but you will probably have to work for/under people your whole life who either you don't like, respect, or who don't like or respect you. Not necessarily all the time, but it pretty much happens to everyone :(

And pray to god that cleavage girl gets fired or leaves eventually :p

Hi darling,ohhh you are sooo write.well I wish I didnt have the past that I have,but I do,and I have tolive with it,I am just trying to keep a job,thats about it right now,because I live way out in the booneys,and there is no work at all at this time of year,so I am very very lucky(thank the Lord too I do),that I have what I have,but I feel awful whats going on woth everyone else(like you said earlier,they need better attitudes,and I see this.)

Cleaveage girl has no respect from me at all because she didnt earn her position,she just played her way into helping in management,Gosh,it was told that she just got done stealing 1000 bucks from our lil company(but could not proove it(but deep down everyone knew it was her. I gave her the benefit if the dout TILL I read her offender information here in this state. I know I still dont have proof,but I have a great idea she did it,and as far as my new millitary marine manager (very strict)in an assinine way,well they will both hang thier own throats sooner or later.

Hey darling,Im sorry I miss printed so you missunerstood,but glad,i make a lil more sense now. Thanks for your replys,and hope all is well with you

Nite!!!!

• Author

You know what else darling,I believe you are right when you said this kind of things happens at alot of jobs,and that stinks,because we need respect even if we are at the bottom of the tottum pole (i clean motel rooms,not bad for a felon)

Thanks again hun

HokeyReligions

Cleaning rooms is a hard job. My mom did that for a while. A friend of mine did that too for years.

With all the news stories about dirty hotel/motel rooms and uncleaned drinking glasses, etc. I have a lot more respect for people who take pride in their work and do the job right. My friend started with cleaning and then because she did do a good job and her bosses (it seems I remember her saying that managers didn't stay around long unless they owned the property) she built a good reputation and got reference letters and moved on to more expensive motels and hotels and then she found an owner operated place (franchise - think Holiday Inn, but not that one) she started filling in for the manager a couple of times and then on a part-time basis and now she has moved on to a larger chain of hotels and manages the desk. She does not have a college education either - but her pride in her work shows and she gained a lot of experience and maturity.

Keep your chin up and watch and observe others. You can learn what works and what doesn't and make some decisions on the type of career you might want. When you leave this job to move on to better things - leave on good terms and let your self-respect show. You will always know that if someone ever has a hidden camera in a room for some news show on dirty rooms YOU will never show up there! :)

• Author
If your company has a high turn over rate for managers then I would wait until he gets fired. If not then you have to work with him and that can be too stressful to the point where it's just not worth to work there. Also, can't you report him to his superiors? If so, he might not get fired right away but will have a history of people reporting him and one day he will get fired.

You know JCD Thanks by the way for your reply.

I am only hoping that this will happen,because he really doesn't have a clue on whats going on or what to do(i know thats not something he can't learn),but he still can treat people with respect. I never in my life seen anyone act like this,and if they did,they ended up messed one way or another. God noway wants any of us to act like that,It is inhuman REALLY.

My poor co-workers are heartbroken,at Christmas time too. I am waiting JCD,I feel like it wont last. How could something so mean last like that?

He has been reported to superiors,but it got back to him,and now he gave that girl (who sent papers to superiors) less than 2 days a week,its so sad. Why or how can someone be so mean

What about his assistant with 5 or 5 grand larcenys on her offender information?what he going to do when the get sent to him throw them away,because shes got fake big boobs HA!!!(its not really funny)

Thank you JCD

• Author
Document everything! Keep a work journal and include dates, times, and the full names of everyone involved. Write down what was said, what was done - or not done, everything. If there are receipts or faxes or emails that corroborate your journal make a copy. Don't steal anything, but keep track.

You can use the journal to detect patterns in behavior and maybe detect any illegalities, which you can research or find someone in HR someplace else that can help you find specific laws that will address any harrassment.

Be careful though and be sure before you report him to anyone higher up in your business. Find your companies HR rules and laws and follow those.

My people probably, well, not probably - DID feel that I was not necessarily fair and/or was too strict and were resentful when I cut OT. However, that was MY job and I did it. I have to report up too and if I'm given the task of reducing personnel costs and deciding on which people to keep, then I have to do it. It's not part of the job I enjoy, but it is my responsibility.

You mentioned you have proof of theft by one of the other employees. Keep that with your journal and be absolutly sure of the facts.

Be sure there is nothing in your own background at the job that they can use against you. You said you have a criminal history of some type. I don't want to know what that is, but be sure that there is no way anyone can falsly accuse you of the same or similar crime at your workplace. If they hired you with a record then they can not use that to fire you - or suddenly change your scope of work.

They can make it hard on you if you leave however. Don't leave with bad feelings - you need to keep and build your own reputation.

Thank you Hockey

I did that! made a copy of her 5 page record for the superiors(I am clean).

I undertand cutting of the hours,but he doesnt have to talk like that to any of us at all. I mean,he told one girl(she called him to see if she was working that day,and he said( get the F off of my property). Now come on the poor girl bawled her eyes out thought she got fired(but she didnt bebause he didnt want to pay unemployment) No trepect for anyone at all except for a pair of fake boobs. Makes me sick. Also is good to my hubby(we work at same place)(we are both NON STOP workers). Respect thats all I ask,and give what people diserve. Yes we are all us to being cut but not this much,because he has been hiring his own crew slowly but surley while most people with seniority are being cut way down. ITS NOT FAIR!!!

Thank you Hockey

• Author
Cleaning rooms is a hard job. My mom did that for a while. A friend of mine did that too for years.

With all the news stories about dirty hotel/motel rooms and uncleaned drinking glasses, etc. I have a lot more respect for people who take pride in their work and do the job right. My friend started with cleaning and then because she did do a good job and her bosses (it seems I remember her saying that managers didn't stay around long unless they owned the property) she built a good reputation and got reference letters and moved on to more expensive motels and hotels and then she found an owner operated place (franchise - think Holiday Inn, but not that one) she started filling in for the manager a couple of times and then on a part-time basis and now she has moved on to a larger chain of hotels and manages the desk. She does not have a college education either - but her pride in her work shows and she gained a lot of experience and maturity.

Keep your chin up and watch and observe others. You can learn what works and what doesn't and make some decisions on the type of career you might want. When you leave this job to move on to better things - leave on good terms and let your self-respect show. You will always know that if someone ever has a hidden camera in a room for some news show on dirty rooms YOU will never show up there! :)

I understand so much hockey,and I do have pride,I never stop working,and now that it is winter i can get thing that are behind furniture,and al that,I just need the time. I also pray for the time (at least 35 hrs). Thanks again,I learned alot from all your replys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

AHHHHHHH Miss Cleavage got fired for stealing last week YEAH!!!!!!!! I knew it take a lil time cuz once a thief,always a thief

Things are a lil better at work now.:)