declining a job offer and then regretting it

hello folks,

i have a question-I recieved a job offer a week ago for a position that I was really interested in. I ended up declining it because I had a few other interviews lined up and that position was not paying me around the pay scale I was looking for. When I did decline it, I tired my best to be polite about it and thank the company for offering me the position in the 1st place.

Anyway to make a long story short-I declined the offer and now am regretting it. Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck? If I declined it now, does that decrease my chance of ever applying with that compancy again in the future? any advice would be appreciated-thanks:)

Hey,

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck?

Of course not!

Negotiate. Explain the them what happened and say that you are very interested.

Good luck,

Ariadne

hello folks,

i have a question-I recieved a job offer a week ago for a position that I was really interested in. I ended up declining it because I had a few other interviews lined up and that position was not paying me around the pay scale I was looking for. When I did decline it, I tired my best to be polite about it and thank the company for offering me the position in the 1st place.

Anyway to make a long story short-I declined the offer and now am regretting it. Is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck? If I declined it now, does that decrease my chance of ever applying with that compancy again in the future? any advice would be appreciated-thanks:)

It's a difficult position to be in when you want to see what's out there yet you're thrown an offer so soon. Personally I've never had this problem because at most I would schedule 2 or 3 interviews in one day or 3-5 in a week when I really want to milk my chances of landing a job. And usually if the company is serious about wanting to hire only you, you generally have the upper hand as they will leave a voice message if you don't pick up...which gives you time to milk other interviews on the same day, so whichever is the case you can tell them straight up after the interview to give you an answer the same day because you were given a job offer elsewhere which gives you leverage on your market worth.

A month or 2 down the line you can probably reapply, they might not even remember you. if you really want this job I think you should call them and explain, but they may be wary because your rejection showed that you weren't all that serious about the job to begin with.