LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Coworker asked me to lunch? Her intention?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Old 26th October 2007, 12:06 AM   #1
Established Member

Coworker asked me to lunch? Her intention?

This new girl started at my company last week. That same week I got acquainted with her at the company's party event. We kind of clicked and it was very easy and comfortable talking to her and flirting with her with some light touching. However I noticed a diamond ring on her ring finger.

Anyway since then once in awhile she stops by and talks a bit in a subtle manner and occasionally I run into her at the xerox machine. Today she was going to lunch and stopped by my desk asking if I wanted to join her...I couldn't because I had just gotten into work. I told her I usually do lunch around 3, she obviously couldnt so she went anyway. I bumped into her at the xerox machine later that day and asked her if she found a good place for lunch and we had a small chat. I was thinking of asking her to do coffee afterwork but I know that's impossible because I have to work late usually.

Now I'm just left wondering what her intentions are....
monkey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 12:28 AM   #2

Question

Hey good question cuz Ive been in similar situation too, One thing I hate about myself is that I can be completely clueless when it comes to this stuff. Then people ask what going on between me and blah blah. But then again i like playing dumb when it comes to that stuff like that, cuz i dont want to jump to conclusions. I guess Im cuting myself short but i really like to prevent dating at work from experience.
with_out_a_safteynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 12:31 AM   #3
Established Member

She likes you and wants to get to know you better.

The ring thing: ask her.

/thread.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:31 AM   #4

Journal Entries: 2
won't know till lunch?

I've been out to lunches with co-wokers and have a friendly co-worker lunch as a group and individually. Male and females alike.

If you feel there needs to be a reason, bring it up. Also ask about her intentions, e.g. work related, client, etc...

It maybe taboo for a work place relationship but your company and experience may vary.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 12:40 AM   #5
Established Member

She just wants to eat.
thats it!!

cheers!
JosieMcCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 1:27 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieMcCoy View Post
She just wants to eat.
thats it!!

cheers!
Or wants me to eat her out?..hahaha

I thought of a good way of weeding out the ring thing. Though I could never do lunch because of my schedule I could probably do coffee sometime...
Old 29th October 2007, 9:59 PM   #7
Established Member

I asked her to coffee, she said yes. Though my plan to weed her out worked, as that was a wedding ring. We just had a good chat on the way to get coffee outside is all and came back.

Though it was awkward coming back because some of my co-workers were giving me weird looks that they thought something was going on...
Old 29th October 2007, 10:29 PM   #8
Established Member

Did you find out if she's married or engaged?
bestadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 10:57 PM   #9
Established Member

Umm...

her intentions?

Methink she wants to have lunch with you... I think you're reading way too much... can't a girl asks a guy for lunch without having any intentions? YES it is possible. Maybe she is the 'friendly' type and sees nothing wrong with having platonic male friends...
Lizzie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 12:35 AM   #10

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey00 View Post
I asked her to coffee, she said yes. Though my plan to weed her out worked, as that was a wedding ring. We just had a good chat on the way to get coffee outside is all and came back.

Though it was awkward coming back because some of my co-workers were giving me weird looks that they thought something was going on...
Sounds like the start of a great friendship!

Actually it is good to go out to lunch and have lunch buddies.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 12:54 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
Sounds like the start of a great friendship!

Actually it is good to go out to lunch and have lunch buddies.
Yeah it is, that's what I think too...unlike my co-workers .
She's fairly new and the only person in marketing, she really doesn't talk to anyone other than me. Though I think she should break out of her shell and be more proactive with people if she's going to be in marketing. And soon we're supposed to be working together with some other peepz on a new company project.