No Fraternization

Being a salaried manager in retail, I have certain policies I have to follow that make it very difficult to meet someone. The main problem is the Fraternization policy. Basically, I cannot hang out with or date any hour associate. Granted, I understand why the policy exists and I even agree with it to an extent, but it sure makes meeting people frustrating. Being on 3rd shift, there are very few women I'm attracted to that I directly supervise, but there are a couple. Thankfully both are in relationships, which means I just have to keep my distance and don't have to worry about their end of it.

When I inevitably go back on 1st and 2nd shift it's a different story. There are a LOT of women around my age on 1st and 2nd that I'd definitely consider dating. A while back I was called in to work on my vacation (we had a power outage) and I ended up having to supervise the restocking of half the fresh areas, which was being done by a bunch of pretty girls about my age. I just did the only thing I could think of and kept my distance as much as possible, but on the inside I was screaming. Later that night I built a giant funnel out of a tarp, but that has nothing to do with this and hopefully it will never happen again (damn roof leaks).

Yeah, I'm just venting mostly. I live in a smallish town, and it's very hard to meet someone who isn't connected with my store in some way. I just keep telling myself to remember that the biggest word in the world is "In". You can love someone, but if you're not "IN" love with someone, it's really pretty meaningless from a relationship standpoint.

You ever try match.com or Yahoo personals? I know many people who ended up having beautiful relationships spawn from there, but then again it depends on how comfortable you are with the online dating scene.

curiousnycgirl

I wholeheartedly agree with a corporate policy prohibiting fraternization amoung coworkers. You simply should not sh*t where you eat! Why do people think the only place to meet people is at work?

Go to online dating sites, go out to parties, bars, wherever - meet people to date outside the work place!

• Author
You ever try match.com or Yahoo personals? I know many people who ended up having beautiful relationships spawn from there, but then again it depends on how comfortable you are with the online dating scene.

Been using Yahoo for a while now and even found my last relationship off of it. Unfortunately, the place kind of dried up, in my area at least. That and I have trouble with the idea of dating single mothers.

I wholeheartedly agree with a corporate policy prohibiting fraternization amoung coworkers. You simply should not sh*t where you eat! Why do people think the only place to meet people is at work?

Go to online dating sites, go out to parties, bars, wherever - meet people to date outside the work place!

Oh I agree with the policy as it prevents a lot of people issues, but agree doesn't always equal like. As for meeting people at work, I'm there 50+ hours a week, which is a whole lot of time. I figured it out, and I think I spend more time at work than I spend not at work (sleeping time doesn't count). Mostly just ranting with this thread, it's good to let things out so we don't explode.