Where is my motivation!?

with_out_a_safteynet

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I am 25 now and I have lost my motivation to succeed in the work-field. I think it all started when I work for a company that I truly excelled in. I was a great sales person, a leader in the team, great with my peers at work, great with customers and great with my responibilty. I was suppose to be hired for assistant regional manager position but they wanted me to stick it out a few more years at my supervisor position. I spoke to a few people that work inside of management dept. and they told me that even though I had all the skills, I was pretty much to young for the position (I was 23). Is that not called age discrimination?? Anyways, I honestly feel burned out from that job. I got a new job in healthcare Marketing I sorda like it. The pay is better and thats probably all that i like from it. I am not doing good at it even though i know i have the potential to kick ass at it. I am bored as hell I know that i want something else in life (own my on Business) but i cant find my motivation anymore. I use to be such a competitive person and its gone! any tips in how to gain it back??:o

Blue Eyed Brain

You sound a bit burnt. Go and relax to regroup - you'll be more refreshed and relaxed to handle the daily grind.

I think there is a certain thing as age discrimination in the workplace. For me it might be a blessing that I appear older than my true age...as everyone else in the workplace is much older than me (which no one shall know unless they ask).

Anyway I hear ya. Although I'm good at my job and motivated and I know I have the potential to be more and go above and beyond I just don't have the social energy to do it. Although it's good to be the motivator, a lot of times it's better to have people around that are always motivated and in a good mood which in turn makes you motivated. Try to surround yourself with those types of people it does wonders.

But one thing's for sure though, people mellow out with age...

• Author
with_out_a_safteynet

Hey thanks for the replies guys,

I am hell of burnout, thats for sure- I dont think i had a personal vacation my whole life; except for those trips my previous job use to give me for excellent sales, Which I cant complain (4 days stay at beach-side hotels at South Beach and Puerto Rico all expenses paid) but it was crappy paying job and it was with coworkers (still alot fun though). I defintely know what you are talking about Monkey00 but in my job there is alot of traveling and it requires me to go solo alot:( but Ill make better efforts to meet new ppl where i usaully head to and see where that takes me.;)

If you can, take a nice, long, relaxing vacation, come back and see how you feel about your current job. If you still feel the same way, perhaps it's time to either change jobs or occupations, even going back to school.

Burn-out is a result of being on overdrive too long. Be careful of becoming addicted to high stress.

• Author
with_out_a_safteynet
If you can, take a nice, long, relaxing vacation, come back and see how you feel about your current job. If you still feel the same way, perhaps it's time to either change jobs or occupations, even going back to school.

Burn-out is a result of being on overdrive too long. Be careful of becoming addicted to high stress.

Two things that i acknowledge about what you said:

1.I do want to go back to school and I know I have potential to get good grades but i get really bored of school and I just end up putting it in the back burner:o, I dunno maybe I wasnt meant for school but there is nothing more that bothers me about myself then cutting myself short when i know I have potential:mad:. I feel like im to old to back to school, that might sound silly to some cuz im 25 but sometimes i feel that way.

2. "Burn-out is a result of being on overdrive too long. Be careful of becoming addicted to high stress" I think its to late for that:laugh: It has become apart of mylife and many others sadly :eek: