Christmas Party

Citizen Erased

Okay so I now work for not a very large company, however it has alot to do with media, politicians etc (I won't tell you in what area because that's giving a bit too much away :p) and as I have been arranging the invitations for the annual christmas party I am now pretty nervous. Not only is the Premier (or Governor to those in the US) of NSW probably attending, pretty much every Minister for every department there is will be attending. Deputy Prime Minister, members of the opposition etc. Scary scary people. Not to mention I actually vote for the other party so i can't really do much kiss-ass without feeling like a total hypocrite :p Well except for the Deputy PM, in that case it's all good.

WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO WEAR :eek: I kid you not, this is my first thought. Admittedly I have like a month to decide, but this is my first function for this company and it just happens to be the biggest. I will probably be the youngest there, have no idea what the hell they are all talking about, and be trying to stay awake from the boredom.

Ah well at least there shall be yummy food...

Chirstmas?!!!! it ain't even Halloween yet. Saw Christmas stuff out 2 weeks ago at WalGreens.:sick:

sorry DC....ummm, i have no clue what you should wear 'cept something in the season and not too revealing but something that would make you stand out, so people will come talk to you and you won't be bored.

i dunno, i'm a fashion idiot.

• Author
Citizen Erased
Chirstmas?!!!! it ain't even Halloween yet. Saw Christmas stuff out 2 weeks ago at WalGreens.:sick:

sorry DC....ummm, i have no clue what you should wear 'cept something in the season and not too revealing but something that would make you stand out, so people will come talk to you and you won't be bored.

i dunno, i'm a fashion idiot.

Yes well I'm not American so I don't celebrate Halloween so Christmas is the only thing to look forward to :p Oh God I just got a terrible thought, what if it's on the same day as the concert I'm going to? :eek:

In case you couldn't tell from my freaking out over nothing, I am quite bored.

In case you couldn't tell from my freaking out over nothing, I am quite bored.

...that's allright. boredom tends to do that to all of us. you'll find the right thing to wear.

if you get bored there, would you freak out then? :laugh:

What kind of party is it, as in cocktail affair, dinner and/or dancing? Also, is it an afternoon or evening function?

see....tbf (or anyone besides me) needs to give you fashion advice.

see....tbf (or anyone besides me) needs to give you fashion advice.

Haha...most men aren't interested in the appropriateness of the attire v. how hawt looking it is. :laugh:

• Author
Citizen Erased
What kind of party is it, as in cocktail affair, dinner and/or dancing? Also, is it an afternoon or evening function?

All I know is it has a theme, sit down dinner (evening), and I gather some dancing. Pretty funny to see those old politicians getting down on the dance floor.

Haha...most men aren't interested in the appropriateness of the attire v. how hawt looking it is. :laugh:

i've got a buddy that can give ANYONE (male or female) fashion advice. sickening and he is the biggest playboy i know.

i've got a buddy that can give ANYONE (male or female) fashion advice. sickening and he is the biggest playboy i know.

Gamers tend to be a little more aware of fashion...

• Author
Citizen Erased

Unfortunately anything with spaghetti straps on me ends up looking alot more revealing because of my uh bust... :o

I don't even know if I am expected to be in a dress, if a suit is acceptable etc... I guess I will know soon enough, my boss is female so she will sympathise :p

Unfortunately anything with spaghetti straps on me ends up looking alot more revealing because of my uh bust... :o

I don't even know if I am expected to be in a dress, if a suit is acceptable etc... I guess I will know soon enough, my boss is female so she will sympathise :p

I was actually going to suggest a strapless black dress, depending on your eye color, and with only your profile pic to go on. You'd actually look rather stunning in a suit, too! :love:

Understood.

I recalled that you're short, like I am. Are you hourglass or less on the bottom? Also, are you long-legged or not? This helps to pick a better style.

• Author
Citizen Erased
Understood.

I recalled that you're short, like I am. Are you hourglass or less on the bottom? Also, are you long-legged or not? This helps to pick a better style.

Less on the bottom, and I don't think it is possible to be long legged at 5'2 :p

Less on the bottom, and I don't think it is possible to be long legged at 5'2 :p

:laugh: Yes it is. I can't wear petite pants because my legs are just long enough that they don't fit but not long enough for it to be blatantly obvious. A pain.

• Author
Citizen Erased
:laugh: Yes it is. I can't wear petite pants because my legs are just long enough that they don't fit but not long enough for it to be blatantly obvious. A pain.

Ah k fair enough :laugh:

I'm not sure what you are going to wear, but you should get a copy of Robert Earl Keane's "Merry Christmas from the Family" and make sing along lyric sheets for everyone.

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk

at our Christmas party...

I'm not sure what you are going to wear, but you should get a copy of Robert Earl Keane's "Merry Christmas from the Family" and make sing along lyric sheets for everyone.

Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk

at our Christmas party...

that one is good. Foxworthy's 12 days of Redneck is good for a laugh.

2 shotgun shells...

and some parts to a Mustang GT.