This may sound silly but it's bugging me

Citizen Erased

Okay so I have been at my new job for about 6 weeks now. I like my job the people are great in general and the pay is awesome for someone my age.

So there is another woman with the same name as me (let's use coco) We both prefer to be called by our full names, and in any case there is someone who is called by the specific shortening of our name (Co) because her name is similar, so we can't even use that. So I get called by my initials. (DC)

At first I didn't mind, but now it is really starting to bug me. Hell, I'd prefer for them to call me by my middle name but nooo has to be the initials :mad:

I never knew I could hate two letters of the alphabet as much as my initials :mad::laugh:

yeah...that would get on my nerves, too. people add an "s" on to the end of my name all the time. not really the same but i think they could work something out for you.

will it bug you enough to say something???

Maybe they could just call you coconator. The coc-ster (long 'o', of course).

that may only work for the boyz. cocorino?

• Author
Citizen Erased
yeah...that would get on my nerves, too. people add an "s" on to the end of my name all the time. not really the same but i think they could work something out for you.

will it bug you enough to say something???

I have only been here for a little while so I can't let them know my craziness until I am unreplaceable :laugh:

• Author
Citizen Erased
are your initials by any chance B and S?

:laugh:

:laugh: Well if they were then i'd have a bit of a chuckle whenever they said it, but no it's really annoying lol

• Author
Citizen Erased
They aren't FU are they? THAT would get old real fast. "Hey, FU!"

:laugh: No I'm not that interesting, my initials are just boring old...

Wait I can't say can I lol

you do realize that no one is going to give you any actual advice (anymore), but will rather try to guess which your two initials are, right, coconator?

but now that the issue of duplicate names has come up, i'm going to confess that i have a hard time with you and coco_milkshake. it's not that i can't tell who is who, but that i want to call you both "coco." that, unfortunately, can get confusing.

thankfully, though, johan--as clever as ever--has provided me with an answer. from now on you will be known to me as Coconator.

:lmao:

PS: are PS your initials?

• Author
Citizen Erased
you do realize that no one is going to give you any actual advice (anymore), but will rather try to guess which your two initials are, right, coconator?

but now that the issue of duplicate names has come up, i'm going to confess that i have a hard time with you and coco_milkshake. it's not that i can't tell who is who, but that i want to call you both "coco." that, unfortunately, can get confusing.

thankfully, though, johan--as clever as ever--has provided me with an answer. from now on you will be known to me as Coconator.

:lmao:

PS: are PS your initials?

Well I have been here for longer so therefor I get to be called Coco... although I do like Coconator (thanks johan :p)

Well I have been here for longer so therefor I get to be called Coco... although I do like Coconator (thanks johan :p)

Hey, dont let it get to you!

I have a customer that completely messed up my name! :eek:

Ever since then, upper management thinks its funny to reference me by that name. So unless your initials are super embarrasing like BJ or something, I'd just try to let it go.

Okay so I have been at my new job for about 6 weeks now. I like my job the people are great in general and the pay is awesome for someone my age.

So there is another woman with the same name as me (let's use coco) We both prefer to be called by our full names, and in any case there is someone who is called by the specific shortening of our name (Co) because her name is similar, so we can't even use that. So I get called by my initials. (DC)

At first I didn't mind, but now it is really starting to bug me. Hell, I'd prefer for them to call me by my middle name but nooo has to be the initials :mad:

I never knew I could hate two letters of the alphabet as much as my initials :mad::laugh:

Why can't they call you "Coco D." ("D" being the first letter of your last name or of your middle name)?

If that fails, then just tell them you prefer to be called "Bob".......

:p

brothermartin

Coconator! I like that one to. If it really bothers you, they could just call you by your full last name. Unless it's something like a mans name. That might not work. Go with Bob. Yeah, that might work. Bob.

Go with Bob. Yeah, that might work. Bob.

For some reason, people always seem to distance themselves after you tell them that. I haven't figured out why.......

• Author
Citizen Erased
Hey, dont let it get to you!

I have a customer that completely messed up my name! :eek:

Ever since then, upper management thinks its funny to reference me by that name. So unless your initials are super embarrasing like BJ or something, I'd just try to let it go.

Yeah I guess. I rather doubt they'd call me by my initials if it was anything embarrasing .. I think I'm just tired, stress from starting a new job, and some little things are just annoying me right now.

So unless your initials are super embarrasing like BJ or something, I'd just try to let it go.

You mean like poor (:rolleyes:) Britney Jean Spears? :D