Quick question;

I have a tech show soon and I got a great idea to put the presention on USB drives (200) but now that I am adding the presentation to each I see I have to transfer each file and then eject the usb or it will not copy. Does anybody know a faster way?

Quick question;

I have a tech show soon and I got a great idea to put the presention on USB drives (200) but now that I am adding the presentation to each I see I have to transfer each file and then eject the usb or it will not copy. Does anybody know a faster way?

Is it a powerpoint presentation? That should only be one file....

In that case, I'd just go to, "explore", and drag/drop the file right in....have you tried doing that?

• Author

Yes,

The problem is if I pull the USB out without "ejecting" it, it disappears and rejecting it the "proper" way is three extra steps... ( I'm impatient) :o

Mac or PC ? your use the word eject which is a Mac term..

Also which usb slot are you plugged into ?

The front slots and keyboard slots are normally only usb1 and most drives today like usb2 which is in the back of the computer ( unless the computer is pretty new Then the ones in the front MIGHT be usb2 )

So.. try a different usb slot and see if you get different results

Yes,

The problem is if I pull the USB out without "ejecting" it, it disappears and rejecting it the "proper" way is three extra steps... ( I'm impatient) :o

you do have to safely eject the hardware on a pc thru the tray or risk losing your data..

Just the way it is..

the drives have to physically spin up and down..

You could use a usb thumb drive instead.. they are like 15 bucks for a 2 gig drive and you can pull them in and out as they don't have to spin up and down

• Author

Thanks, for the help...looks like I'm stuck doing this all day, Wonder if I can pay one of the neighbor kids $20 to do it for me?

Hi lost4ever,

The reason you have to do the 'eject' step is due to the fact that sometimes when you copy the file to the USB drive, it doesn't actually copy it.

It instead makes a note to itself saying that it needs to copy it.

So when you tell it to eject it makes sure that it has copied everything over that it needed to.

Check this out:

http://www.usb-flashdrive.com/us/usb-flash-media-players.html

It looks like preload music files onto USB drives...you could check with them to see if they would put your presentations on there...

Hope this helps.