Stuck between a rock and a hard place

I have been working at a job that is less pay than my last, but it is what i love to do and what i will pursue my career in. In retail we are growing and needed more workers, so we started accepting applications. One girl came in very professional and handed hers in and when the owner was looking her's over i personally recomended her becuase of her great first impression. 4 weeks down the road she is hired and refuses to do any work (which in retail you know is tiring and tedious unless you have help) because she is pursuing a project on the computer for the owner. I understand this is important but i feel so loaded with work becuase even the owner has to pry her out of her seat to help the rest of us. Today about 40 boxes fell behind her as she past me, pretending she didnt see becuase i was headed that way and i would then pick them up? I am so upset and i love my job, i do not know what to do.

Lesson #1: Never recommend someone you DON'T KNOW just because she looks good!!

I would tell her that just because you recommended her for the job, doesn't mean she is guaranteed to keep her job if she doesn't do any work.

Start documenting when she's not working. And then recommend to your boss that you need to hire more people. If the boss asks why you need more people because she was just hired, tell the boss she doesn't do any work on the floor, she just does the computer stuff. And then give him all the documentation you collected to show when she wasn't able to help you on the floor.