To Date The Boss Or Not To Date The Boss

I am a senior at a small private college studying to be a sex therapist...since the school is only an hour away from my hometown I come home a couple weekends a month to work.

I happen to work at a fastfood restaurant as a Swing Manager...and after I graduate from college in May I'm hoping to find a new job...my boss is only the Store Manager...though he's not my direct supervisor he's higher up on the chain than I am.

My boss is only a year older than me and has already graduated from college a couple years ago...he recently got a job offer and is planning on leaving the company in January. We've had some casual conversations in the past and when I told him that my birthday was coming up he suggested that we hang out and have some drinks together.

We meet at the bar and started drinking...then we went out to dinner...then we went over his house and talked until 2:00 a.m. We didn't do anything physical with each other. Throughout the day he did mention that he wished that we didn't work together otherwise he would contemplate asking me out on a date.

Both of us work for a cooperation where we both have to sign contracts banning us to fratinizing with our coworkers...but bottom line is I'm starting to develop feelings for him and I know both of us are at risk if we continue to hang out...so question is what should I do????

Save yourself the trouble & don't date coworkers. I've been through a few horror stories myself & regretted it in the end. Keep your personal & professional life seperated.

lilwhittes

Since your job is transient, meaning that most fast food chains don`t hire sex therapists:laugh: And taking all things into consideration....he`s not married, he`s a grad and your education in equivalent, you are both about the same age and most of all....considering that the two of you were able to be together until 2:00 in the morning without anything sexual going on. You beat out out about 90% of the population in so far as maturity.

Go for it. Just lay low until January. It`s hard to meet anyone anywhere and most people have great difficulty meeting anyone outside of work. Why not? Just maintain a cool head and keep you pants on:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yo are rare you know that? Most of the posts here are we got together and had sex blah, blah,blah" sort of thing.;)